1st Time Arriving Tomorrow -Advice

Started by Jocolbs, August 26, 2016, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jocolbs

Hi all,
We are arriving at Cheyenne tomorrow, 1St trip to DLP, we have tagged 5 days on the end of our main holiday in The Loire Valley. We will arrive tomorrow at around 12.30, we haven't included any eating plans etc as we plan to as-how that a bit, taken some tips on filling up croissants at breakfast to use for lunch etc, Have 2 resteraunts booked but other than that as our kids are 13 and 15 it's not so much about character dining etc as we've done this in Orlando when they were young.
I understand room at Cheyenne doesn't include kettle/fridge etc?
I'd really appreciate some last minute tips and advice and anything relevant to making the most of it for teens or any help really. Also can we take our luggage to check in and go off to the parks, haven't paid for express check in, or do we leave luggage in car and check in later, also how far away is car park to Cheyenne?
So many questions.....only 1 day to go😵
Many thanks in advance
Joanne

Zee79

The Cheyenne has its own car parks so I would go straight to your hotel & park there. It's up to you as to whether you leave your luggage in your car ( some don't recommend this) or put it in the luggage store in the hotel. You can check in no problem, room might be ready it might not, if not store luggage as previously said then enjoy yourself in the parks, just pop back after 3 to get your room key. The Cheyenne can rent you kettles for a deposit, don't know how much this is because we always take out own travel kettle.
The Cheyenne is about a 15mins walk from the parks or there are buses that can take you but these get really packed at times.

twigs72

We came back from DLP at the end of last week and stayed at Cheyenne. It depends if they have your room avaliable when you arrive as we arrived at around 2pm and checked in and they said the room was avaliable. You can leave your luggage in the car but you will need to move your car in the cark designated for hotel guests and not leave the car in the 30 minute area where you check in. We had a kettle in the room but am not sure if it was left in by the previous guests but the rooms don't have fridges.
Oh the car parks are next to the hotel.
Enjoy your visit :)

Jocolbs

Thank you both, is the park exceptionally busy at the moment? Worried about queuing for big rides and no shade. It's been 38 degrees where we are currently in Loire so bit too hot. I plan to take water bottles in the parks as someone had mentioned there were water fountains to fill up from?

Samninetysix

School holidays + weekend = rammed (generally speaking). If you're there for 5 days plan the big rides. The slight problem you have at the moment is because of the extensive refurbishment work and closures of certain rides and attractions, the crowds that would normally use these are now being pushed onto other things. When we were there in April we saw the biggest queues we have ever seen, Crushes Coaster and Ratatouille were unbelievable. Grab a parc plan and sort out the fast pass rides. You can get smaller queues when theres a major parade on and around lunch times when the restaurants are packed. Remember, you are going at one of the busiest times and when some rides are closed for refurb for the 25th anniversary next year so don't let it put you off, we've been to DLP in every season and enjoyed it every time

twigs72

Yes there are water fountains doted around the park so you can refill your water bottles. It wasn't exceptionally busy as I was thinking of when we went last week, as you know European factories are on their summer shut down, the longest queue time we had was for Peter Pan which was for 45 minutes. You can download the Disneyland Paris App which gives you the map of the park and also gives you the wait times for each ride.

Marie2003

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and I was astounded at how quiet it was in the main park on the Sunday; I think the longest we queued was about 10 minutes for small world, and Pirates was a walk-on. The longest queue I saw was 40 minutes for Peter Pan, but if you're savvy with your fast passes you should be fine. The Studios on the Monday for us were busier, but we managed to do all the rides we wanted to by early afternoon. Since your kids are older, it might be an idea to do the single rider queues for Ratatouille and Crush, and head to these first. I'd read lots before we went saying that these tend to have massive queues, but doing them through single rider we waited 15 minutes for Crush and literally walked onto Ratatouille twice!!!
It got up to 30 degrees while we were there, but water fountains are everywhere and easy to find (by the toilets!) and most of the queuing areas are in the shade. One thing I would say is to avoid doing Alice's Labyrinth during the heat of the day (tried it myself, not one of my better ideas!) and consider going into one of the (air conditioned!) counter service restaurants for a proper cold drink or ice lolly in the afternoon if it's really hot.
I hope you have a great time!   :)
August 2003- Offsite
August 2008- Offsite
August 2016- Sequoia Lodge
August 2017- Cheyenne
August 2018- Cheyenne
December 2019- Sequoia Lodge