Trip Report August 2016

Started by marf91, August 21, 2016, 09:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marf91

Hey everyone!

I just got back last night from a trip to DLP and I wasn't going to do a report but my boyfriend proposed to me at Disneyland so feel like it's something I want to share.

I'm writing it up/unpacking currently so hope to post in the next few days a full trip report.

Now to begin the countdown to my NYE trip :D
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

msRavenswood

Congratulations, what a wonderful surprise! Looking forward to your trip report!  :D

marf91

Day 1

Up until this point we had been on holiday in Brittany enjoying the lovely beaches. The day before we had driven for around 8 hours to get to Paris and arrived at our accommodation. It was me, my boyfriend, my younger sister and my parents on this part of the trip.

We woke up around 8am to start getting ready and we were on our way by 9am. The first thing that we did when we arrived at the parks was to go and buy our annual passes. My family always buy annual passes as we find it to be cheaper in the long run (and this year we are definitely going back for NYE). As we walked down towards the pink hotel and the place to buy tickets I was getting more and more excited. This was my first trip with my boyfriend and I was over the moon to experience the magic with him.. I think now we've returned he understands my love for Disneyland Paris even more. We queued for tickets, got them and entered the park. As it was almost official opening time, we went and stood by the entrance to Discoveryland and decided that Buzz would be our first ride. It was very difficult choosing our first ride because my family are massive Big Thunder Mountain fans and we well and truly missed it on this trip, so it actually was difficult choosing where to begin. The queue opened and we raced towards Buzz and managed to get in and out on the ride fairly quickly. Once that was done we headed over to Autopia because the queue was still fairly short and had a go on that. I really enjoy this ride but found it very irritating this time around as there was a young boy in the car in front of us who just kept stopping in the track.. after a while we just sat behind him saying beep beep... he kept doing it though continuously around the track.

After Autopia we headed to get our annual passes sorted and queued for around 20 minutes.. when we finally got inside they took us to the machine for us to find it was all in French. It was actually very difficult to fill out the information and our camera was broken... luckily one of the cast members spoke fantastic English and was able to help out a lot and get us sorted. Once we had our passes we headed to buy a photopass plus and off we went to Phantom Manor. I was really interested to get in the queue for this ride because I wanted to have a nosey at Thunder Mountain and see what was going on, it was still in a similar state as I had seen on Twitter. I'm really hoping it will be back up and running for my trip at New Years. Phantom Manor was brilliant as always and this time I was really surprised as I noticed some new things that I had never seen before. It was also really fun going around with my boyfriend and pointing things out that I used to be terrified of and had to laugh at so I didn't cry (creepy skeleton dog!) After PM we wondered through Adventureland and my sister wanted to go on Indiana Jones. I don't enjoy massive rollercoasters (Crush is my limit) so she went on it with my dad whilst the rest of us did some shopping in Frontierland and Adventureland. Once they were done we stopped at Hakuna Matata to get ourselves some lunch.

I will add more soon.
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

MrsRoachy

Can't wait to hear more, especially the proposal!!

disneymagic006

Congratulations on your engagement. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

marf91

Day 1 Continued

Sorry its taken so long to update this.. things have been manic since our return and starting to plan our wedding for next summer and a honeymoon!

After lunch we started to walk over to POTC (a family favourite) as we walked over Genie walked past and my dad put his hand out for a high five and succeeded. My sister was behind him and put her hand out too but Genie completely ignored her.. this became the running joke of the whole holiday and it still is now. She's got some real beef with him now :P I was super excited when we arrived at Pirates and it builded all through the queue, although we queued for 5 minutes at the most- it was basically a walk on. I did notice that the parks seemed very, very quiet for August- perhaps people are avoiding because of the refurbs? After going on the ride and a slow wander around the shop we headed towards Fantasyland and it was absolutely boiling hot. We walked around and soaked up the atmosphere and decided to go on the Tea Cups, again it was a very short queue and we were on it before we knew it. After this we went on the Carousel and then decided we would head back to where we were staying for the afternoon to go for a swim etc. As we left the park we went via the dragon which my boyfriend (now fiancé) had never seen before and he loved it! It was good to be able to find something new for him.

In the evening we decided to go to the Studios because I was absolutely desperate to get back on Ratatouille. I'd only been on it about 4 times in the past so was very eager and we were happy to wait any length of time. Luckily, the queue was only about 40 minutes and we were on the ride in no time. I simply adore this ride and it is my fiancés favourite Disney movie so we both had a magical time on it. We both absolutely love the theming of this ride and the music is incredible! It makes me feel so French haha. After this we headed towards Toy Story Playland and decided we would go on Slinky. Although this ride is clearly for younger riders I actually really enjoy it and try to get on it once each trip. My sister and dad were desperate to get on the ToT but my mum, me and my fiancé were not so keen so we headed towards the Tram Tour. I've done the ToT twice and I'm not actually sure if I like it or not.. maybe I will get back on it on our NYE trip? Anyway, I was very excited to get back on the Tram tour especially because my fiancé loves all things art and behind the scenes. He couldn't remember the ride so I, of course, made him sit on the side next to the truck setting on fire etc. Needless to say we all loved it! Although, the video perhaps needs some updating? After this, we met up with the rest of the family and had a look around some of the Studio shops before we decided to call it a night and we headed back to where we were staying so we could be up ready for Early Magic Hours in the morning.
PREVIOUS VISITS:

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

BlackPearl

Thanks for your report. Can't wait for the proposal and of course more of the trip report!  :D

marf91

Day 2 - engagement day!!  ;D

We had decided to make it for EMH this morning and make the most of getting on some Fantasyland rides which get pretty big queues (Dumbo cough cough). The day before had been absolutely boiling hot but the temperature had dropped to low 20s and was already much more comfortable which I was glad about. As we walked down Main Street again my excitement just kept building and building, I will never grow tired of walking down Main Street and gazing at the beautiful castle. The first ride that we headed towards was Dumbo, we usually only ride it once on a trip and always during EMH. I went on with my fiancé and as the ride started we noticed that our Dumbo wasn't going up or down and it was very frustrating! We kept making eye contact with a cast member and eventually our lever started to work and up we went. I absolutely love being on Dumbo because of the views that you can get, especially early in the morning when it is much quieter in the parks. After Dumbo, we did a couple more rides in Fantasyland including the Tea Cups and the Carousel. But next on our list was to meet Mickey Mouse so me and my fiancé soon headed to the queue to get a head start. The rest of my family disappeared at this point to get a fastpass for Peter Pan and to do some other rides. We arranged to meet them at the time of the fastpass they got.

I've met Mickey Mouse before but I've never done the Meet Mickey experience so this was a brand new thing for the both of us and I was so happy to share the experience with him. The queue whilst we were waiting for the 'queue' to open was very tedious and very loud, but I would rather queue first thing in the morning then later in the day. Once we got to the inside queue, things got much more entertaining with the video clips that are played and also the excitement building about meeting Mickey! We had purchased a PhotoPass the day before and were excited to put that to use as well. We finally made it to the front of the queue and it was our turn. It was absolutely wonderful meeting Mickey and I got plenty of hugs and kisses and we got some fantastic photos with him. The photos are staring at me from my bedroom wall as we speak ;) After we met Mickey we had some spare time before meeting my family but not quite enough time to get on a ride so we had a wander around a few shops in Fantasyland and taking a few photos before we headed across to Peter Pan to meet my family.

I was so incredibly impressed with the refurbs on Peter Pan and it is a much better ride than I remembered it to be. I've always enjoyed it, but never enough to queue for it without Fastpass. (This changed this holiday!) After Peter Pan, we stopped for some lunch during which my 'fiancé to be' said that he needed to head to a shop because he wanted to buy me a present to give to me when we got home... in reality, he was running from Fantasyland to Inventions to give them my engagement ring! When he returned I had no idea where he had really been and kept pestering him for me to have the present he had got me now. We decided we would do two more rides, POTC and Its A Small World and then we would head back to the accommodation for a rest. So after the rides we walked back towards the car and headed back.

I shall update the rest of the day on my next post.
PREVIOUS VISITS:

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

Lavi

BlackPearl

:o oh no, cliff hanger! I want to know, how your report continues!  ;D

marf91

So sorry I haven't updated this yet.. I've been really poorly but will try to work on it ASAP.
PREVIOUS VISITS:

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

marf91

Day 2 continued

Note: Forgot to say earlier we went to the Frozen Sing A Long before we left for the afternoon. I love the movie but was a bit apprehensive about the show but really enjoyed it!

After we had been back to our accommodation for a while, we got ready to head back to the parks for dinner and for an evening in Parc Disneyland. Me and my fiance had a reservation at Inventions for 6pm and the rest of my family were going to Planet Hollywood. I had been told at this point that I was going to Inventions to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I was incredibly excited to go into the Pink Hotel and as we walked in, we looked around to find signs to Inventions (although as I later discovered, he already knew where it was), we got in the lift and went up towards the restaurant. We were a little early so we used the restrooms (how awesome are they!) and then got in the queue to give our reservations. The waiter took us to a seat right in the corner, next to the window and we had an absolutely perfect view of the castle. I was already in heaven and I had no idea what was to come. We went up to the buffet for our first round (of four) and I had absolutely tons of meatballs. Some of the characters started to come over and we met Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Tigger. The character interactions were amazing and it turns out they were all in the know of what was going to happen. My fiance said that they all gave him a pat on the back to wish him good luck as they came over, which I was oblivious too. I was way too busy stuffing my face with meatballs!

When we went up to get our dessert, my fiance signalled the waiter (again I was clueless) and after we had been back at our table for about 5 minutes, two waiters came over. One was carrying 2 dozen red roses and the other a food tray. The food tray was put down on the table and the lid lifted up and underneath there was a glass slipper with an engraved glass tray that asked me to marry him. The engagement ring was placed in the slipper. Then my fiance asked me to marry him and I burst into tears because I was so shocked and so incredibly happy that it was happening in my favourite place in the universe. A huge crowd had gathered around our table and a lady offered to take our photo because our camera was on the table. Once it had all died down, he explained what had been going on and how he had planned it all. Tigger also came over and proposed to me at the table. The cast and the waiters at the restaurant really went above and beyond. Oh, and they also brought out some champagne. It is hard to truly describe how it happened, as it is partly a blur and just partly so much detail that went into it.

We sat at the table for a while longer finishing up and then we headed into the park. I felt like an absolute superstar walking around with my two dozen roses and the incredible bling on my finger. We headed down Main Street and made a few phone calls to loved ones as the Frozen parade went by. We then decided to go on a ride, but had to choose one which could handle flowers so we chose Pinocchio. At 9pm it was time to meet my family by Buzz Lightyear. My parents knew that it was going to happen that evening and so hugs were shared immediately, my younger sister looked so confused as to why I had flowers but it finally clicked in place. We went to the castle afterwards to get some engagement pictures and were lucky enough to see the Frozen Parade again! We decided to go on Buzz after this before heading back for the evening to spread the good news. We were able to get an engagement photo on Buzz too! As we walked down Main Street we got tempted by some ice cream before we finally went back.

Day 3 coming shortly.
PREVIOUS VISITS:

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

norhel

Congratulations on the engagement ☺☺
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

marf91

Quote from: msRavenswood on August 21, 2016, 10:43:32 AM
Congratulations, what a wonderful surprise! Looking forward to your trip report!  :D

Thank you! I hope you are still enjoying the trip report.  :)

Quote from: MrsRoachy on August 31, 2016, 01:10:45 AM
Can't wait to hear more, especially the proposal!!

Quote from: disneymagic006 on August 31, 2016, 04:48:56 AM
Congratulations on your engagement. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Thank you for reading :) I hope you've enjoyed the latest instalments.

Quote from: BlackPearl on September 09, 2016, 08:25:14 PM
Thanks for your report. Can't wait for the proposal and of course more of the trip report!  :D

Thank you! Hope you enjoy reading about the proposal :D

Quote from: Lavi on September 18, 2016, 10:57:23 PM
Very nice trip report so far!

Thank you Lavi!

Quote from: norhel on September 26, 2016, 06:55:33 PM
Congratulations on the engagement ☺☺

Thank you! I still feel like the luckiest girl alive :)
PREVIOUS VISITS:

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

BlackPearl

Congratulations 😊 Thank you so much for taking us with you on that wonderful trip.
I really enjoyed reading your report.