Transport from CDG to the park?

Started by Jessie96, August 16, 2016, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie96

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I have been to Disneyland a fair few times before, but always with family, so someone else has always taken charge of the planning, however I'm going with a friend this year and will have to sort everything myself now. We booked accommodation, tickets, breakfast, BBWWS and Café Mickey through dlpdirect, and booked flights separately through Expedia. The only thing we have to sort now is the transfers from CDG airport to the park/Santa Fe and vice versa. As far as I'm aware, my three options are a private taxi, a shuttle bus or a train. We'd probably prefer to go with the cheapest option, which I think is the shuttle bus. If I book online, am I booking onto a specific time or do I just hop on any magical shuttle to get to the hotel? My worry is that if the flight is delayed for any reason, I will have to pay extra to get on a later bus. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

DisneyDuckLover

ShuttleBus is fine but you can end up writing an hour for it, and then the trade, time is 70 minutes!

I just like getting straight to the parks - I book my transfers using Holiday Hamster www.holidayhamster.co.uk go to their site and give them an email telling them you want transfers - they're cheaper through them than going direct to the taxi/transfer companies!

Have a fun visit Hun x
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

Jessie96

I'm afraid I've rather been put off booking private transfers as we've had problems with them not showing up before (on the way home, so that was incredibly stressful!) Plus with it only being the two of us, it seems to work out quite expensive. I'd rather sacrifice a bit more time to save money and to make sure we get there, as we're going for 5 days anyway, arriving early and departing late. I'll have a look but not sure I could be persuaded! Thanks, I'm sure we'll have loads of fun! :-)

msRavenswood

So far we've used TGV and Magical Shuttle (former VEA shuttle). We've been satisfied with both, but in my opinion TGV isn't worth the money, unless you're in a hurry. Yes, it is faster than bus, but we prefer the shuttle as it drops you off at your hotel and we enjoy the ride from the airport to the resort, it's part of our Disney experience.

Jessie96

Daft question, but do you book a specific shuttle departure time or are tickets valid on any shuttle bus?

msRavenswood

No particular time slot you can book. The timetable can been seen on the Magical Shuttle website and it can also be found at the entrance of each hotel.