Back now after 4 years. Thoughts and ramblings

Started by Scoobysnax97, July 27, 2016, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoobysnax97

So I'm back with my now teenage daughter and 9 year old son after 4 years.  I'm a long time forum and podcast follower so knew that work was going on, but what you get (or really dont get) for the price is a little alarming.

The park really is undergoing some fairly major renorvations for the 25th anniversary. The gardens as you walk down to the ticket booth entrances is boarded off.
There is a huge concrete pump immediately behind the Castle where the sword in the stone resides that yesterday afternoon had been extended high up so that the Castle looked like some red alien appendage was inserting itself into a spire.   You can't get up inside the Castle to Sleeping Beauty's tableau.  The dragon is closed.   PotC broke down at 7pm last night.   The pirate ship is under construction and Tree House is off limits and don't get me started on the whole Star Tours 2 closures.  Big Thundersley Mountain is boarded off and the paddle steamer has been drained.

A hot dog is €7.99and a handful of cherry tomatoes are €3.59!?!?! 

stormflm595

Exactly why I didn't go this year, didn't want to spend the same amount on everything to get half of what you usually get! We're booked up in one of the fancier hotels next year to make up for a lack of trip this year ;)

I hope you still had a great time with your family, despite the closures?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Matt

Quote from: Scoobysnax97 on July 27, 2016, 07:51:33 AM
So I'm back with my now teenage daughter and 9 year old son after 4 years.  I'm a long time forum and podcast follower so knew that work was going on, but what you get (or really dont get) for the price is a little alarming.

The park really is undergoing some fairly major renorvations for the 25th anniversary. The gardens as you walk down to the ticket booth entrances is boarded off.
There is a huge concrete pump immediately behind the Castle where the sword in the stone resides that yesterday afternoon had been extended high up so that the Castle looked like some red alien appendage was inserting itself into a spire.   You can't get up inside the Castle to Sleeping Beauty's tableau.  The dragon is closed.   PotC broke down at 7pm last night.   The pirate ship is under construction and Tree House is off limits and don't get me started on the whole Star Tours 2 closures.  Big Thundersley Mountain is boarded off and the paddle steamer has been drained.

A hot dog is €7.99and a handful of cherry tomatoes are €3.59!?!?!

Hey there!
Can I ask why you still went if you were aware of the closures?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Zee79

We are here now. Totally aware of closures & not impacted on our trip at all.

Dragon was open today, just certain access ways closed off but we got through to fantasy land.

Got a shock at some of the prices for food though.

Scoobysnax97

Quote from: Disney Matt on July 27, 2016, 02:42:01 PM

Hey there!
Can I ask why you still went if you were aware of the closures?
Despite my grumbling I still find it one of the warmest, sweetest places to visit.   The smiles on my children's faces is why I paid exorbitant prices to go to a theme park