Chez Remy

Started by Emmy79, July 05, 2016, 06:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmy79

Hi, I'm very interested in eating at Chez Remy due to the theming, however the only thing that attracts me is the premium Ratatouille from the more expensive menu.  It says it comes with a vegetarian selection bit does not specify what the 'selection' is, does anyone have amy idea what it comes with?

Thanks in advance

stormflm595

I can't answer your question sorry but I'd like to eat here too so just wanting to hear people's opinions :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

msRavenswood

Can't comment on the vegetarian option, but Chez Remy has been the best restaurant we've eat at in DLP.

msRavenswood

After a little digging, this is what I found out. Menu Remy and menu Emile offer vegetable, tofu and white bean casserole as the main course and menu Linguini and menu Gusteau offer premium ratatouille and a plate of mixed vegetable flavours. As for the kids menu it offers linguini in tomato sauce. I hope this helps.

Emmy79

Thank you all for your replies and help.  MsRavenswood,  a plate of mixed vegetable flavours I assume is a bowl of mixed vegetables!   Thank you for your digging.   I must say I'm disappointed if that's the offering for that menu price, they could do so much more.  It's a shame that the other menu items don't appeal to me.  I'll Google it again as I remember seeing a vegetable dish.

Samninetysix

The ratatouille in Chez Remy is very nice although I got an unexpected treat in mine in the shape of a wirey, curly black hair which looked suspiciously like it was from someones nether regions. Needless to say, I returned the part of the meal I had eaten in the lovely toilets in Chez Remy :(

billy

sorry I cant comment on the vegetarian options but we ate there with our two girls in Feb and the food was yummy. Service was a bit slow for drinks etc but it was all yum. We had the steaks and the ratatoulle i thought was lovely small chopped veg in a nice sauce but not too saucey. the girls  had chicken kebabs which they really enjoyed and they loved the desserts.
hope you enjoy it as the atmosphere is great and they dont mind you walking around the restaurant to take photos.
only down side for us was that the area with the large plates and cutlery seating was closed off due to it being winter but we still got photos! lol

mickey1980

Good luck with the vegetarian thing in France  ;)
I advise you to stick to Buffets. I can recommend "Agrabah cafe" if you like Couscous, tabouleh and such. Also, Chicken is a vegetable right?  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Samninetysix

Quote from: mickey1980 on August 18, 2016, 05:28:07 PM
Good luck with the vegetarian thing in France  ;)
I advise you to stick to Buffets. I can recommend "Agrabah cafe" if you like Couscous, tabouleh and such. Also, Chicken is a vegetable right?  ;D

I think wine is a vegetable, it is only liquified grapes after all

Nicola

Hi, This in my opinion is THE BEST restaurant food and theme wise in the whole of DLP. I am not a veggie but can confirm the ratatouille is amazing, we ate to the point of bursting in here, I just didn't want to leave anything. For me the ratatouille is enough to make a meal for 1 I'm sorry I'm no use it telling you what the option would be but I can honestly say this would be the best restaurant to think you would get something lovely.. PS try trip adviser for this restaurant there are plenty of images etc and nice tips..
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

macca1476

Chez Remy is the most annoying place in Disney. The theming and thought that has gone into the place is amazing and its an experience to be in there. But the menu is dire and uninspiring and overpriced which badly lets it down.

Emmy79

Thank you all for your replies  :)

macca1476

May i back away a little from my reply, see the menus now look much better than they did when i went.

The theming is outstanding, hopefully the menus mean the food no longer lets it down :)