Children's names on hoodies, yes or no?

Started by grawns, June 16, 2016, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grawns

This is a bit of an odd one but here goes.
We are planning a surprise trip to DLP in March for my son's birthday, I was thinking of doing a surprise reveal at the airport. I have this idea to get matching hoodies for the family mom, dad, and dd(3) and ds(5). Then getting my sister to embroider them on her machine. Was thinking of  a Mickey motive she did a great one for my dd birthday last December then our names and Surprise Disneyland Paris 2017. That way we will have another layer which I think we will need in March, and have a unique momento which would look cute in the photos.
Now for the question I've read a while ago not to put kids names on things as it makes it easier for abductors if they know the child's name. However I've always felt so safe in the parks that I don't think it will be a issue. Also they have unusual names Donnchadh and ClĂ­odhna that I don't think they would be much good to anyone even if they were printed.
So should I include their names or not.
Yes I know I'm over thinking this but hopefully I've found an equally crazy bunch in you guys :D :D :)

polar vixen

completely your call.  for ne15 it would be something is be worrying about in the back if my mind.  I did see parents once with tee shirts that said mother of all tHings and father off affiliated things then tge kids had tees which said thing 1 wrong 2 etc.  they were cool.  maybe you could adopt disney names for your jumpers?  princess?/knight. ../sir. .....?

grawns

Thanks that's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? See I knew that it would be worth asking. I could use their nicknames mouse and duckling.

polar vixen

apologies for my truly atrocious predictive messaging - that's what happens when I use my phone to post!

loupenny

I don't know, I'm a teacher by day and am very careful about keeping names hidden on book bags/pe kits etc. but I just spent rather a while trying to pronounce the names and I'm sure I wouldn't get it right. Also I would probably assume that they might not be names (no offence intended) but just a word in another language like princess or fairy.

It's up to you but I grew up with one of those horrible velvet headbands with my name on and my mum never gave it a second thought, though she probably should have... it was hideous!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

billy

we did a similiar thing for our girls for christmas last year, we had tshirts made up with micky and  minnie each with a suit case and on each suitcase in small letters (like a label) was their names and underneath Paris 2016 as I wanted them to have a special memory. so i think names are ok but on the layers you cant see but the kids know they are there, plus on our tshirts the names were so small no one would see them unless you actually knew to look. but it's up to you, personally i would go with either Disney names if everyone can see them like call each member of the family a different character or put them on a garment that wont be seen by the whole park.

grawns

Thanks so much for all your replies. I think I'll just go with names from toy story 3 as we are staying in the new rooms at the Cheyenne, and we all love toy story.
Woody, Jessie, Lots-o and Bonnie.