Newport Bay new 4 star status

Started by cjebs, June 14, 2016, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjebs

Quote from: Karen101 on June 21, 2016, 01:28:18 PM
that's a shame.

I can ask when I am over on the 4th of July if you want me to ??

its fine as i dont know when we are planning on next year yet, we may be doing a large family trip or just the 3 of us. if it was the whole family its going to be summer time, if not im a bit more flexible on when we go. id like to in may half term as the whether should be half decent hopefully and not as busy, but POTC will be closed and would hate to miss that so thinking maybe later in the year like october time.

cjebs

Quote from: Karen101 on June 21, 2016, 02:14:25 PM
im not sure to be honest as far as I was aware the keys equated to stars....

so the Newport bay is a 4 star ... but I cant say if that is official or not.

Quote from: MattR on June 21, 2016, 01:47:19 PM
Does any of the Disney hotels even have an official hotel rating at all?

I never saw them advertising stars they are always using mouse shaped keys.

according to the article they are officially classed as 4 star now as they were inspected independently for this and have to be re-inspected every 5 years according to the article i posted.

star ratings are based on facilities primarily so the keys do correspond. a lot of confusion comes from an expectation that the service u get is determined by its stars. this is quite often true that the higher star 4/5 star hotels give better service but they are normally standalone businesses.

at disney you have everything from 2star to 5star and the service you receive in DLH isnt particularly any better than at cheyenne/santa fe/ sequoia so i think this is why you get more people more annoyed/disappointed when staying at the higher rated hotels.

i have had experienced both good and bad service across the disney hotels from the last few visits and generally i have always found the more money people have the more they expect of staff and the worse they treat them.