Meal plan confusion,

Started by Debydonut, June 12, 2016, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debydonut

Hi everyone, we are due to travel soon,  a large family party with 2 infants and a disabled 4yr old. We wanted to add a meal plan to our package, the travel agent was quoted by Disney  £550  hb standard to include hotel and 7 restaurants. Disney then corrected themselves and said sequoia was not included and we needed to pay another £150 on top so £700 for 4 days food for 6 adults 1 child  :'(  we opted for standard but now checking the available restaurants one is Davy Crockett, then Santa Fe and Cheyenne, so am I correct that only 4 available restaurants in the park are included?  Should we try and find the extra to upgrade to plus? Not sure the children would enjoy or appreciate breakfast with Mickey just yet or if the urge is worth it. thanks in advance for any advice

daddyof2

Debydonut

Thank you  :) standard plan seems very limited choice wise and two of the chose are other hotels and one is in the studio park.  I just a bit grumpy didn't didn't make it clearer that SL needed the plus level.  We asked Thomas cook if we could change our booking to the new offer when it was 30% off and free half board but Disney said it wasn't possible as we could lose our rooms and Eurostar whilst it was being changed  :'(  I suppose my question (after ranting lol) is is it worth the upgrade to plus? Will our 3yr old appreciate the character breakfast or is he still a bit young? Does the character breakfast include bacon lol, and if we did upgrade could we have a character breakfast every day if we booked it?

daddyof2

Just so you're clear, the only place for character breakfast is cafe mickey, which is about a 5 minute walk from the SQL. It's an extra cost to your normal "included" breakfast so I'm not sure it's worth it to me. I've never been there for breakfast, but have dined there twice with children, and my youngest was 2 the first time. Character dining is great fun, for all ages and I like cafe mickey, which is usually quieter for lunch than dinner. This is the only character dining that would be included in your meal plan. You could eat at inventions and/or auberge de cendrillon but both of those would require you to pay for some or all of your bill, as your vouchers wouldn't cover them

polar vixen

As far as cafe Mickey is go there for an evening meal and then use your vouchers and cash to pay the extra, and for future visits book direct with Disney-i find them far more accommodating!

Debydonut

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 12, 2016, 07:02:28 PM
Just so you're clear, the only place for character breakfast is cafe mickey, which is about a 5 minute walk from the SQL. It's an extra cost to your normal "included" breakfast so I'm not sure it's worth it to me. I've never been there for breakfast, but have dined there twice with children, and my youngest was 2 the first time. Character dining is great fun, for all ages and I like cafe mickey, which is usually quieter for lunch than dinner. This is the only character dining that would be included in your meal plan. You could eat at inventions and/or auberge de cendrillon but both of those would require you to pay for some or all of your bill, as your vouchers wouldn't cover them
It's included if we upgraded to plus though isn't it?

Debydonut

Quote from: polar vixen on June 12, 2016, 07:22:58 PM
As far as cafe Mickey is go there for an evening meal and then use your vouchers and cash to pay the extra, and for future visits book direct with Disney-i find them far more accommodating!
Thank you, I've learnt a very expensive lesson I think we will def book direct next time. The meal menu at cafe Mickey looks very 'posh' which is why I thought the breakfast may be a better option, but can't seem to find detailed  menus. My son would be very happy if he could eat bacon 24/7  ;D

daddyof2

Cafe mickey lunch/dinner is included on the plus meal plan. Cafe mickey breakfast is not included on any meal plan (unless I've missed something)

Karen101

thats correct Cafe Mickey Breakfast is NOT included on any of the meal plans.  However lunch./dinner is included with the plus and premium.  If you have standard you can use your vouchers and pay the difference if you like.

Vikkilou

I've jut booked character breakfast at cafe mickey seperate to our std meal plan as the lunch & dinner menus did not appeal.  We had plus option last year but as it was our first trip we didn't realise you really need to book beforehand if you want to get in there.  The only time we could of gone was the day after we left.  I paid £52 for 2 adult 2 children for breakfast   yes tad expensive but it's hubby's birthday the day we go so I've done it as something special. Seems more reasonable than 27€ for a cake
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

billy

we ate at cafe mickey for dinner and the kids menu is varied with pasta, pizza or burger. it is only the adults menu that is posh! lol we had a great evening and loved every minute of it. I think with dinner you are more relaxed as your not thinking about trying to get to the park all the time.
I would def recommend it.