Breakfast at Cafe Mickey

Started by andya, May 31, 2016, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andya

Hey,

Trying to book breakfast at Cafe Mickey and phones the reservations line. I was told I couldn't book until 2 days before. Is that right? I thought it was 2 months (or 60 days).

Anyone know any better?

I've also booked the Princess lunch but wasn't given a reference and told just to pay on the day, is that the same as everyone else experience?

Thanks all

Zee79

Don't know about cafe Mickey but when booking my initial holiday I was asked if wanted that so thought it would've have been same as restaurants.

We've booked our restaurants for our trip in July & have not received a reference number. Having never done this before, only booking in advance once there & not getting a reference number then either, Im assuming they just tell you when you check in what meals you have planned.

Karen101

I just booked my meals through the reservations line on Thursday last week for our trip in July and I got a booking reference number for each one and was told to bring that with me when going to the reservation.

we didn't book Café Mickey but I was under the impression that it was the same as the other restaurants and could be done 60 days before.

Zee79

We rang twice last week to book & neither person who we booked with gave us a reference number.

Karen101

I dunno maybe it depends who you speak with

I booked it in French not using the English option, I made six reservations and have a code for each the code consists of three letters followed by 8 numbers then another letter, and she told me just to have the numbers when attending the reservation, they took the name as well :)

was my first and only time using the booking line so I cant say if it was normal :)

either way ill take them with me just in case :)

msRavenswood

It's true that Cafe Mickey can't be booked until two days before your trip. If you're staying in one of the Disney hotels you can book it upon arrival at the reception or directly at the restaurant itself. Another option is the City Hall.

Zee79

Quote from: Karen101 on May 31, 2016, 04:03:04 PM
I dunno maybe it depends who you speak with

I booked it in French not using the English option, I made six reservations and have a code for each the code consists of three letters followed by 8 numbers then another letter, and she told me just to have the numbers when attending the reservation, they took the name as well :)

was my first and only time using the booking line so I cant say if it was normal :)

either way ill take them with me just in case :)

We'll just have to wait until we get there. They brought up all our details both times, confirming our meal plan etc then just repeated the bookings we wanted & said all done.

msRavenswood

Quote from: Zee79 on May 31, 2016, 11:42:49 AM
Don't know about cafe Mickey but when booking my initial holiday I was asked if wanted that so thought it would've have been same as restaurants.

We've booked our restaurants for our trip in July & have not received a reference number. Having never done this before, only booking in advance once there & not getting a reference number then either, Im assuming they just tell you when you check in what meals you have planned.

Upon check in they give you printed documents for each of your reservations.

billy

we booked our trip in the september for the feb and we booked cafe mickey in the december with the reservations line they never said anything about the 2 day rule, maybe it depends on the time of year you go.
We booked other restaurants and never got any references but they did say that if we go to the consierge desk they will be able to print out all of our bookings which is exactly what they did and gave us a little paper for each reservation however cafe mickey was the only place that asked for it.

Zee79

Thanks, I was getting a little worried especially because my youngest is so excited about going to Inventions.

andya

So in the end rang the english line and added it to our bookings and paid now so I did book breakfast at Cafe Mickey and dinner with the Princesses and got a ref.

Seems the 2 day rule and lack of booking ref are if you go through the reservations line (the 30 40 50 one).

I can't believe that a company like disney doesn't have this all available to book online. Florida was a doddle.

stifle

Café Mickey breakfast reservations are available 2 days in advance, or can be booked and paid for upfront when booking your Disney hotel or added to an existing hotel booking.

I like the French way of needing to book by phone as it discourages guests from making frivolous/speculative reservations or booking reservations with the intention of selling them on to other guests. I take it you've never been waiting on your computer/phone trying to get a Cinderella's Royal Table booking in WDW ;)