A few hours to squeeze in the fun-November!

Started by Legomam, May 03, 2016, 05:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legomam

Hello everyone!
We booked our very first trip for November this year and the excitement is off the scale!
I was wondering if someone could give me a little bit of advice?. We are arriving on a Thursday afternoon at about 2pm, after a long drive from Ireland, through UK to Zeebrugge and then down to Disneyland. I'm sure we'll be wrecked tired but still able for a bit of fun.
Is it possible to squeeze in a parade, some rides and then the fireworks that afternoon?. I read that the park closes at 7pm midweek in the Winter. If it was you on a return journey, where would you go to first?  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

You can certainly squeeze in some magic! I tend to go in the studios on our first day as only have a couple of hours usually catch a show one or two rides then dinner.

However if it's your first time you might want to hit the main park first? The parade is usually around 5pm and Disney dreams will be at park closing time (bare in mind to get a good spot to arrive prior to these times)

You can pick up the current programs upon arrival to organise your time efficiently of what's on and what you want to do you'll see them as you enter the parks under the walkway.

Legomam

Thank you!..Your plan of action sounds really good. There's so much to see-it's overwhelming!!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Legomam on May 03, 2016, 10:36:17 PM
Thank you!..Your plan of action sounds really good. There's so much to see-it's overwhelming!!

There's a lot how long will you be in DLP and where are you staying? A character meal is a great way to dine

Samanthad

How many days do you have at DLP? If I was staying for 3+ days, this would be my no-rushed first afternoon:

To get into the Disney spirit my first afternoon/ evening would be chilled and time to just take it all in.

Arrive at 2pm, head to the hotel, check in and freshen up. Head to park and take the railroad for a round trip from Main Street. I would then find a spot for the parade. I would then do rides until about 6:45 and head over to the front of the castle to watch dreams. I would then go for dinner at cafe Mickey for a fab character dinner at 7:30/45 or even 8pm to ensure you get there with lots of time for your booking. (Book in advance)
I would then head back to the hotel and get a fairly early night ready for EMH the next day!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Legomam

Hello again..We're there from Thursday to Monday. I thought it would be best to arm myself with a plan for the first day, otherwise it would be too tempting to hang around the hotel in a fog of tiredness!
Thanks for the ideas  :D