Wait times at Annette's Diner

Started by sheenybean, April 10, 2016, 09:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheenybean

Hi, we were hoping to eat at Annette's Diner on the last Sunday evening of  May.  Obviously its peak season, what are the waiting times usually like? We'd probably be looking to eat around 6pm.
Thanks

nathalie

Make a reservation?
Longest I've waited was about 30 minutes, and then we only got in, because they were asking how many people were in every party, most who were only with 2 were led in faster then larger groups.

polar vixen

sorry but annettes doesn't take reservation.  if you avoid typical meal times you'll probably be better off. ....5 to 5.30 for example

Sulley15

We found paying was the longest wait, there was a table next to us waiting to pay when we ordered and was still waiting when our burgers arrived...
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

billy

we went in about 7/7.30 and only waited a few minutes for a table and the service was pretty quick too. Although i would def recommend sitting downstairs rather than upstairs as there is more atmosphere downstairs.

sheenybean

Thanks for your replies.  We have 3 young children so I didn't want to be waiting too long to sit down.  I'll have a think about whether to wing it or book somewhere else!!!

billy

when we went the waitress was quite happy for my little girl to wander around the restaurant and look at all the decorations, pictures etc so even if you did have a wait you could still have a look around with the kids while you were waiting or even have a drink at the bar if they let you. I found them to be very accommodating  :)

stifle

Quote from: Sulley15 on April 10, 2016, 11:28:02 PM
We found paying was the longest wait, there was a table next to us waiting to pay when we ordered and was still waiting when our burgers arrived...

Yeah, I had that problem last time. I would have just left the cash on the table but we'd been charged twice for a dessert so I ended up walking to the cash till and getting a cast member to sort it out, then handing him the money before he could turn away.

onceuponadream

We stood outside for 45 minutes at Christmas last year. They take so long dancing and singing inside that I'm amazed anyone gets served! It does look like fun but when you're cold and tired outside it's slightly less so...I'm ashamed to say we actually gave up and went back to our hotel for dinner. Definitely try to go outside peak times!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Slimy yet satisfying

We don't wait for the bill anymore. Ask a server once for the bill then stand up and start to put your jackets on. Trust me if they think you are trying to keave without paying your bill will magically arrive. No time to waste for things like that!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.