Would you mind checking my plans?

Started by aristol, April 05, 2016, 09:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aristol

Hello Fellow DLP Lovers,

We are travelling in August (20-24) 3 adults and 1 teen. The busiest time we were so far is the first week of June.
I'm seeking for your expertise to help me reviewing my plans. I'm pretty worried because of the crowds and afraid I'm planning too much. I'm terribly sorry for the long list and my English.

Arriving on the 20th of August

Arriving to Studios park around 15:30
Get FP for ToT (will be any available? Can we use another Hotel Fastpass here? How strict Disney with the dates?)
LMA
Armageddon
Cinemagique
Stitch
ToT with FP
Rata with Disney Hotel Fastpass
RC
Crush

21st of August
Going to Versailles, maybe Buzz, POTC and Phantom Manor if we still have energy, use our Hotel FP somewhere maybe Buzz

22nd of August
Going to Parc des FĂ©lins, maybe Rata, RC and ToT if we are in the mood. I thought single rider for Rata and RC and Hotel Fastpass for ToT

23rd of August
Going to EMH
Space
Buzz
Peter
Snowwhite ride
Pinocchio ride
Tea Cups
Contes de fees
Casy
lunch
Nautilus
Break until around parade
Eat something during waiting for parade
Parade
Watch Jedi
Castle and dragon
Labyrinth
POTC
Indy
Frozen show
Phantom Manor
Dreams

24th of August 

Queue for crush while someone going for Rata FP
Crush
Parashute
RC
Slinky (can be skipped)
Rata with FP
Lunch
Mickey Attic show
Carpets
Cars
ToT with Disney Hotel Fastpass
Cinemagique
going back to home

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)
Timi

billy

wow you are very well planned, but take into consideration the queues for the rides so it may not be possible to do all you want on the days you have planned.
Fast passes, dont know about the hotel one as we never had one, but i would suggest that for Rat and ToT that you get them early on as both rides run out fast. when we were there in feb the fast pass for Rat run out by 11.30 and Tot was the same.
when you have the EMH try to do the rides like space mountain, peter pan etc while there are no queues. we found that POTC was really quiet when it first opens just before 10.
i hope this helps :) have a great time

aristol

Thanks billy, it's been very helpful:)

stifle

On a Saturday in August arriving at 15:30, getting on both RC Racer and Crush's Coaster will take a substantial chunk of your day.

Hotel FPs are dated and you cannot use a different day's passes.

aristol

Thanks stifle :) you are absolutely right.
I hoped at the last hour the queue may be lower and if we are in the mood we can just stand in the queue and use single rider as a plan B. If not we can just check other rides or go to the other park.

littlebitofpixiedust

The Disneyland hotel FP was really helpful for our February half term visit we used them for ratatouille on 2 of our days and Tower of terror another day and Rock n roller coaster another day. I didn't do crush but friends we travelled with ran to crush at 9.30am and were of by 10.10.

The que for ratatouille was crazy every morning and fastpasses were running out very quick. I've never been in August before but you seem to have planned what you'd like to do as well as you can! Hope you manage to squeeze lots of magic into your days at DLP enjoy!

rebecca20

I went on Crush at 9:40am single rider and was out by 9:50am - not bad to say the park didn't open til 10am ;)

If it's open I would 100% recommend doing Crush single rider as the queue times are never as long as they estimate. But it is down to luck as if everyone is in a group of 4 you could be some time (in my experience you won't be).

I think it would be possible to get everything done but I personally wouldn't be so regimented as if you use the app you can see what rides are quiet and do those. I never have a plan til I get there other than my 'must dos' which are usually just shows and parades - I just see whats quiet and whats not and then make sure I do the busy rides early the next day.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stormflm595

Hullo!

Please please please post photos of Versailles when you're back...I've always wanted to go! -Marie Antoinette nut here-

As for your plans they look good but do remember queue times may mean you have to move things around a bit, particularly as you're going during one of the busiest times of the year. Also I've noticed that you're spending a lot of time in the Studios park...tbh it's not that great! The rides are great for older kids and adults but I would take some time spent at studios and transfer it to time spent in the Disneyland park. it is absolutely stunning and has so much to see without having to go on rides. Studios to me is just a huge parking lot with not a lot of scenary. That's just me though!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

aristol

Thanks Everyone for the usefull advices and help. I will do my best to write a trip report with photos as appreciatiton. Thanks again :)