On many trips I've asked myself one question..

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, March 24, 2016, 10:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one amongst many DLP fans here that often wonders which ride/attraction is most like (if I was a cast member) like to work on the most.

I think whilst waiting in line for Pirates/star tours/phantom manor especially how cool it'd be I love many,many attractions but these 3 in particular I think I'd love to get into "character" like many of the CMs do! I really think it's so much fun when they interact with us guests and on my last visit the CMs on pirates started a sing-song and the whole que line joined in. Just superb!

I always email DLP after each visit, and comment on certain CMs (I take their names) and ensure those that go that extra mile get the acknowledgement from management. They so deserve it! I think they're amazing.

Anyway I'd like to know if any of you have ever thought of yourself working at DLP and if so which ride/attraction you'd most like to work on and why?

CitrusZing

I don't think I'd like to work as a cast member at DLP, I think it would spoil the magic. I would like to work behind the scenes though.

If I did work on an attraction, then I would choose Phantom Manor. This is due to the story, the cast member costumes and the fact that is in my favourite land.

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 24, 2016, 10:34:55 PM
I always email DLP after each visit, and comment on certain CMs (I take their names) and ensure those that go that extra mile get the acknowledgement from management. They so deserve it! I think they're amazing.

I think that is a lovely thing to do.  :)
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

littlebitofpixiedust

I agree it could spoil the magic, I wouldn't ever work there in reality but I just think if I did. Phantom manor is so immersive as is fro frontier land  :)

ChipandDale99

Little bit of pixie dust I think the exact same every time. To me the uniform they wear plays a massive part in which one I would work on. I don't think I could work for hours in the big frontier land dresses (as I'm not a huge dress fan) I think it would have to be discovery land or adventure land but what ride I'm not sure. The Pirates and the haunted manor staff always look like they are having fun though.

perrollaz

Maybe I'd go with the tree house as I love the atmosphere, the tree, the water and the music loop with the percussion  ;)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on March 26, 2016, 10:53:35 AM
Little bit of pixie dust I think the exact same every time. To me the uniform they wear plays a massive part in which one I would work on. I don't think I could work for hours in the big frontier land dresses (as I'm not a huge dress fan) I think it would have to be discovery land or adventure land but what ride I'm not sure. The Pirates and the haunted manor staff always look like they are having fun though.

I've never thought so much about the costumes but I think I can see your point I too don't like dresses! I love all the different costumes and yes the cast members all seem to have fun, the staff on star tours are brilliant! I've had so many great conversations with many and most have such enthusiasm who work at DLP it's fab!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: perrollaz on March 26, 2016, 11:23:54 AM
Maybe I'd go with the tree house as I love the atmosphere, the tree, the water and the music loop with the percussion  ;)

I've never been in the tree house as my son is a wheelchair user, I've watched YouTube videos and the music and sights look incredible so I can see why you'd pick that attraction I only wish we could go up there!

msRavenswood

Quote from: CitrusZing on March 25, 2016, 12:52:14 AM

If I did work on an attraction, then I would choose Phantom Manor. This is due to the story, the cast member costumes and the fact that is in my favourite land.

I couldn't agree more! I often wonder if CMs are allowed to wander around the different scenes when the ride is closed. My favourite scene is the ballroom, I'd give anything to go down there and admire all the details from up close!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: msRavenswood on March 26, 2016, 02:54:13 PM
Quote from: CitrusZing on March 25, 2016, 12:52:14 AM

I couldn't agree more! I often wonder if CMs are allowed to wander around the different scenes when the ride is closed. My favourite scene is the ballroom, I'd give anything to go down there and admire all the details from up close!

You should ask a CM sure they'd tell you if they do the ballroom scene is the best! We stopped there last time while "playful spooks interrupted our tour" it was brilliant. On star tours we were shown the "secret room" once I found it fascinating! He just offered so we didn't say no!

disneymagic006

Haha seems that a few of us think the same things as we go round. I've narrowed it down to 4-

Pirates - love the atmosphere, get to act the part and dress up like a pirate. Inspired by a cast member who was really in character singing yo ho and pretending to sword fight.

Space Mountain - one of favourite rides and love the colours of the outfits, the purple and teal, love the from earth to the moon theme and music.

Tower of Terror - cast members always amazing in here, love when they try to scare you or appear out of nowhere. One was amazing and got right next to my face before i noticed. I admit to shreiking really loud, cue lots of laughter from other guests. Not sure I could keep a straight face if working on here though.

Finally Big Thunder Mountain. Saddle up for the wildest ride in the west, getting into the cowboy frontier role. One of my best memories at Disneyland Paris is when a cast member went out of his way to entertain us, had the whole queue and train singing and would only let the train go if we were noisy enough. Just amazing!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: disneymagic006 on March 26, 2016, 03:10:00 PM
Haha seems that a few of us think the same things as we go round. I've narrowed it down to 4-

Pirates - love the atmosphere, get to act the part and dress up like a pirate. Inspired by a cast member who was really in character singing yo ho and pretending to sword fight.

Space Mountain - one of favourite rides and love the colours of the outfits, the purple and teal, love the from earth to the moon theme and music.

Tower of Terror - cast members always amazing in here, love when they try to scare you or appear out of nowhere. One was amazing and got right next to my face before i noticed. I admit to shreiking really loud, cue lots of laughter from other guests. Not sure I could keep a straight face if working on here though.

Finally Big Thunder Mountain. Saddle up for the wildest ride in the west, getting into the cowboy frontier role. One of my best memories at Disneyland Paris is when a cast member went out of his way to entertain us, had the whole queue and train singing and would only let the train go if we were noisy enough. Just amazing!

It's good to know I'm not the only one thinking, if I were a cast member? Lol..
Pirates staff are thoroughly entertaining! I agree about space mountain and btm, tower of terror CMs are brilliant at what they do! I too was a bit spooked by one the first time I rode it, I see what your saying about keeping a straight face! That must be so hard.. They look and act the part  :)

Overall I love all the different attractions and most of the staff are so interactive with guests and I guess it's one of the reasons DLP is so special to so vary many of us and why many of us love talking Disney and most of all keep returning! They truly are brilliant at what they do and I really appreciate each and every visit and treasure every memory. Can't wait to go back!

Ohana

Tower of Terror for sure so I can evilly laugh at everyone as the doors close >:D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Ohana on March 26, 2016, 06:41:48 PM
Tower of Terror for sure so I can evilly laugh at everyone as the doors close >:D

I'm no good at doing the evil laugh! But if you can pull it of its the perfect choice of attraction  :D

fairymom

One of the best interactions we ever had was on the train that circles the park (can't think of its name..  :-[)

When we stopped at a station a CM got into our compartment and started asking for tickets and pretending to take down our names to report us for not having tickets. The kids were horrified at first but it gradually dawned on them that he was only joking because I and my BIL could not keep a straight face. They had great fun then teasing him back and offering him all kinds of things instead of tickets.

To answer the question though I would probably be a Pirate! Aaaaar!!!!

littlebitofpixiedust

I love hearing other people's experiences and it sounds like they had you all going there  :)
I love the railroad can't wait for it to be up and running again!

Pirates all the way! Yo ho yo ho!