may 2016 - have I missed something?

Started by 15stitch, March 22, 2016, 01:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

Right I've decided to stop stressing about this and instead need to get myself organised!!!

I wasn't going to bother with booking many restaurants this trip as I fancied being more spontaneous, but I think I'd better re-think that strategy!

(I'm lying a bit there - it was more that I can't decide where to eat! ha ha)  :D

1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Karen101

Some of the sites aren't accurate with non common holidays

Like this week in May is not usual for us .... And looking at the online school holiday calander I have it's not listed in all the sites online ....

But it is listed on some ...someone who lives in said country is likely to know better :)

fairymom

Ok I am going those exact same dates, so good choice  8) I am tied to going in school holidays unfortunately and the school I am in is closed that week (Ireland).

To answer your question - the Thursday is a holiday (holy day) in France so likely to be very busy. The Monday slightly so and the Tues and Wed should be quiet enough. I don't think UK schools are off until near the end of May for their mid-term.

So my plan is to try and get as much done on Tues/Wed as possible so Thurs and Fri will be catching shows, swimming and chilling out as much as we can. We will use our fastpasses those days to repeat some rides.

15stitch

Thank all!

I'm glad I found out before I went! Going to move around my plans a bit to accommodate. I wasn't going to book meals for Thursday but will now!

& will also plan to do the shoes then & concentrate on the rides on Tuesday & Wednesday.

1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

billy

i dont know if this helps but we were there over the French and Spanish half term in Feb and to be honest we didnt find it that busy apart from the usual like ratouille and Crusher having silly queuing time everything else was great between 25- 50 mins although on the sat it was heaving so it just depends.
If you plan well and use fast passes, i would suggest doing the studios late afternoon as this appears to be the quiet time and plan your meet and greets well you shouldnt have too many issues.
whatever you will have a brilliant time!
I've checked your dates again and it is only a holiday in Spain on the Monday! have fun!