What will they do with Discoveryland Theatre in time for the 25th?

Started by MickeyAteMyCap, March 21, 2016, 10:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 22, 2016, 11:11:59 AM
I really hope they don't turn Discoveryland into Star Wars Land.
It won't be all of Discoveryland, it would only be the rear portion of the land, most likely on the other side of the rail tracks as seen in the picture posted above. If we're really lucky, it will go outside the berm, but for now we'll assume it will stay inside the park confines.

With the exception of Space Mountain (which could have the Hyperspace Mountain overlay) I doubt they would do anything to the existing attractions. Maybe add Star Wars billboards to Autopia, but that's about it. Buzz isn't going anywhere, and neither is the Nautilus.

If they really had to, I don't see why they couldn't do it akin to Walt Disney Studios where you don't have to pay for that section of the park but you can in an all-inclusive park ticket. And although I do like Marvel, it would be the fairest way to deal with a Marvel Land also.
WDS is still a separate gate, requiring normal admission. Or do you mean that Star Wars Land would be classed as a separate gate whilst being part of Parc Disneyland (and therefore included in the park hopper?)

I can't see EuroDisney going for a boutique park - that model was rumoured for WDW, and if they decided not to do it, then Paris certainly won't.

I hope they do put another 4D film in Discoveryland in time for the 25th. Maybe even do something unique to DLP like show an entire already-existing hour and a half film in 4D?
Well they could just do it on the cheap and import the 'Pixar Short Film Festival' that has replaced HISTA at EPCOT. 90% of the Pixar shorts do not require any mulitlingual translations and therefore would be perfect for Paris.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mickey1980 on March 22, 2016, 04:59:45 PM

I hope they do put another 4D film in Discoveryland in time for the 25th. Maybe even do something unique to DLP like show an entire already-existing hour and a half film in 4D?

Showing an 90 minute movie in a theme park? Really?!
Is that how you think visitors would want to spend their precious time in Disneyland?  :o
And how about capacity? Showing full length movies would be a capacity drama.
At least the theatre would be being used for something. And it could be done in a similar way to the shows, where you have certain times the film plays. Would reduce waiting times at rides too. It would be a novelty that would wear off over time but I think some would go out of curiosity for the first year or so.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on March 22, 2016, 05:21:23 PM

WDS is still a separate gate, requiring normal admission. Or do you mean that Star Wars Land would be classed as a separate gate whilst being part of Parc Disneyland (and therefore included in the park hopper?)
Exactly. That way if you don't want to go to Star Wars Land, you don't get the inclusive park ticket but instead opt for a 'Admission to one park - Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios' one day pass (individually if for more than one day).

Well they could just do it on the cheap and import the 'Pixar Short Film Festival' that has replaced HISTA at EPCOT. 90% of the Pixar shorts do not require any mulitlingual translations and therefore would be perfect for Paris.
[/quote]
Yeah, that would be good. Anything than just sneak previews.

polar vixen

a single Mini star wars movie, 1 ride and 1 if it even got to that point really would not constitute a star wars land.  if it were to be something people pay a separate admission for there's have to be an awful lot more to it than that.  almosT Luke passing a separate admission for the toy story playland I  the studios

YenSidBot

I am really hoping that by the time star tours opens back up that the do something with the theatre . Even if it was a Star Wars Launch Bay kind of meet n greet attraction I would be happy with that . Id love to meet Chewbacca and Kylo Ren.  ;)
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

rebecca20

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

MickeyAteMyCap

I'd rather a Marvel meet and greet personally. Let me meet Star Lord and Rocket Racoon Disney!

rebecca20

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 24, 2016, 09:41:25 PM
I'd rather a Marvel meet and greet personally. Let me meet Star Lord and Rocket Racoon Disney!

That would have to go in Studios though near Spiderman - it would never go in the Disney Park! That would be random even for DLP.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: rebecca20 on March 26, 2016, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on March 24, 2016, 09:41:25 PM

That would have to go in Studios though near Spiderman - it would never go in the Disney Park! That would be random even for DLP.
True. Imagine being able to meet Nick Fury though.

rebecca20

Oh I'm all for Marvel meets and Star Wars meets the more rare characters the better - Baymax would also be cool.

Rocketeer

I remember not so long ago there was a rumour of a temporary Marvel land being added to DCA.
Surely in the short term, they could add this to the expansion pad between CineMagique and the TV building. It could be the home to all the Marvel Meet'n'Greets in the Studios. They did it with Frozen in Frontierland, so why not the Production Courtyard?

And, just to bring the thread back to the original topic, if the theatre remains closed for the foreseeable future, is that a good indication that it could eventually be replaced? (ie. 'Star Wars Land Lite')

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mickey1980

Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mickey1980 on March 27, 2016, 07:47:07 PM
Taddaaaa  ;)

Unless they're going to convert it into a stage theatre, that's a stupid idea IMO. Just put a 4D film from another Disneyland park in there - if they're not going to convert the front of the cinema into a stage, they're not going to be able to do anything with it anyway before the park's celebrating 25 years. It'll just be left closed and derelict for ages and there's nothing worse than that.