TGV help

Started by cooper75, March 15, 2016, 01:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooper75

Hey all,

Just booked a weekender in May. Used private transfer last time (expensive for just me and my daughter, but worth it for first time!).

Have a late sunday night flight back and looking at tgv to get back to airport this time. Read a few bad reviews online (I know, never trust everything you read!) so wondered if anyone could offer their opinion. Is it reliable and a worth while option? best to pre-book tickets or buy at the terminal?

Thanks in advance  :)

stifle

For travel from Disneyland to the airport it's a great option as you can control what time you depart. You do need to bring your baggage over from your hotel, but with a 9-minute journey time and fares from €18 it's particularly good if there's just one or two of you.

You can book online and collect your tickets at the station, or just buy them there. It's usually cheaper to buy them a bit in advance so go to the station on your arrival day to buy your tickets if you haven't got them done online.

Bear in mind that if your flight departs CDG terminal 1 or 3 you have to get an inter-terminal transfer on arrival as the TGV gets to terminal 2. And for 2G departures you need to get a bus.

caspdex will be along shortly to let you know why you should book a private transfer instead :)

cooper75

thanks Stifle, that's what I thought. Just a bit put off by some folk saying the service wasn't very reliable! But want as much time in park as poss as only there 2 days

stifle

It's very reliable unless there's a strike.