What are your 'must pack' essentials for DLP?

Started by CitrusZing, March 13, 2016, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitrusZing

Aside from your usual clothing, toiletries, tickets, etc. that you would usually pack for DLP, what are your other 'must pack' items?

Peppermint tea bags are something I usually pack (as I can't stand UHT milk, so normal tea is out) for in the evenings. Hot chocolate sachets are a must for my boyfriend.

After we experienced a very unwell stomach on two different trips to DLP (despite having pretty strong stomachs), several packs of Immodium (well, Tesco's own) are ALWAYS packed.

DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

NCC1701Q

To begin with what you ended with: my medication, for starters!
Then the ID-bracelets for the kids (although by now they know every inch of the park so as long as we agree on a "go there when you don't see us anymore-place" I guess we're fine) and ofcourse my DPC.
Oh - and one more thing: a bonus bolt for our stroller - two years ago we lost a small bolt that seems to hold the entire thing together and had to carry the stroller and buy a nuts-and-bolts-box at the Carrefour, so now I just put two extra ones in the backpack :)).

dencarter

I know you said 'apart from clothing', but for starters, this is a consideration depending on the time of year. Any time between November and February thermals, hat, gloves and handwarmers are essential. Even if it's not too cold on the first day, it could be arctic the next.

Other than that, my phone and charger as its invaluable for checking wait times and taking photos.

And a small back pack including a refillable bottle for water and some light snacks like cereal bars and bananas.

We usually eat at least one big meal in the parks per day, but for economy and convenience, bring snacks to fill up the rest of the day.

disneymagic006

Boots peppermint foot spray! After walking round the parks all day my feet usually hurt lots. I find the peppermint spray really helps and am usually ready to go then for the next day.

Plasters and sore spots help too!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Zee79

My medication! Plus all kinds of medication/first aid supplies haha just in case. Heat packs for my aching back because after being on my feet all day my back often feels like it is going to snap!

A 4 way adapter so can charge all the electrical items

A coat at all times because you can never be sure of the weather- we've had 10deg in winter so been warm & torrential rain in summer so got very wet in our t-shirts & shorts.

A Disney bag each for the kids- DVDs, activities, book, snacks & drinks.

Snacks & drinks for the room.

billy

After we experienced a very unwell stomach on two different trips to DLP (despite having pretty strong stomachs), several packs of Immodium (well, Tesco's own) are ALWAYS packed.
[/quote]

I experienced the same thing when we were there in feb, i had a very unwell tummy for most of the trip was really gutted as it meant i couldnt enjoy a lot of the restaurants. we also took Immodium and lots if headache tablets and medicine for the kids. I noticed the hotel shop had a few things but I didnt see a chemist anywhere close by.....
A must is also an electrical extension cable as there was only one socket in the room and of course our camera!! :P

grovesie

15stitch

medication (painkillers, immodium, calpol etc)
chargers
camera and a spare memory card
Ipod,
A good book (or 2) - which I never have time to read!
a notebook & pen,
nice bath foam (I like to chill in the bath when I put DS to bed and always treat myself to something nice - although last year on our stop at the premier inn at ashford, he threw 2 of my molton brown bottles out of the hotel window!) , extra pairs of contact lenses
Water and toddler milk (all hell breaks loose if DS can't go to bed and wake up to some milk!)
Snacks
Blister plasters
Normal plasters
The kitchen sink...... (as you can probably tell - I don't pack light!)
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

stifle

Sunscreen, unless I'm going Nov-Feb. I've gotten sunburnt in March and October.

A 3 SIM for free roaming, because wifi in the parks is still mostly a pipe dream.

My Metro Bank debit card which gives the best exchange rate and free withdrawals.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Minnie ears, French sim card, camera and phone with extra battery.
I don't need more than that
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Ohana

Phone, camera, small coin purse (which will also fit a debit card), straighteners, all of my chargers and travel plugs, and a portable phone charger (this is a lifesaver when I'm constantly taking photos on my phone).
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

CitrusZing

It was nice to see lots of replies to my question.  :)

Quote from: grovesie on March 14, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
The Children ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't have to worry about those!  ;)

Quote from: 15stitch on March 14, 2016, 12:22:44 PM
nice bath foam (I like to chill in the bath when I put DS to bed and always treat myself to something nice - although last year on our stop at the premier inn at ashford, he threw 2 of my molton brown bottles out of the hotel window!)

:o Noooo! Not the Molton Brown!

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 14, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
Minnie ears, French sim card, camera and phone with extra battery.
I don't need more than that.

I always eye up the Minnie ears in the shops at DLP (especially the pirate ones at POTC) but never end up buying them as I worry that I'll lose them on a ride.
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:

bad-pink-tink

For Disney Parks I always take

Bubble Bath - I find a soak in a bath after a day in the park really soothes my aching feet ready for the next day
Foot file - while in the bath, to massage away those aches
Pins for trading
Plastic Tinkerbell ticket pouch on a retractable ID tag thingy (cant think of the proper word, you know those things you        attach to  your belt and then pull out to swipe your ID card in an office)
Minnie Ears

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

seraphelle

Foam insoles, thick socks, plasters, foot spray, epsom salts, trainers and slippers (are you sensing a theme yet?)

The only negative for me at Disney is the Disney Feet!

I buy new Minnie ears every time we go, its a ritual and usually the first thing we do, then we run to Phantom Manor  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

CitrusZing

A lot of people get 'Disney feet' it seems. I don't tend to get sore feet at Disney. I work in a library and on my feet all day, so perhaps I am used to it? I do find my (possible) sciatica plays up after a while though.

~

I forgot to say in my original post, was that prior to going to DLP I look up all the park restaurant opening hours (either here or at http://disneykindofday.blogspot.co.uk/ for our trip, spend time putting them into an Excel document and then print it out (sometimes I laminate it because I am that sad).

Please excuse the terrible photo (I am sans scanner currently):

I add the park opening hours and ride closures too, The above isn't the best example of one as I did it in B&W that time.

Anyway, from producing one of these I find it easier to plan our meals and restaurant bookings. Also, if you go to a counter service restaurant, find it's closed with that unhelpful "these other restaurants are open" sign (which is often wrong) then you can look at the sheet and find another that should be open nearby.

When we started going to DLP in 2012, I made one with all the restaurants on with where they are and the food style they serve. This helped me to learn about the restaurants' location and cuisine.
Upcoming: