Fresh fruit

Started by andrewuk, March 13, 2016, 09:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Might sound a bit trivial, but I really miss my daily banana when I'm in DLP and was wondering if there's anywhere in the resort that I could pick up a banana or an apple to eat? The fruit in syrup at breakfast is great and the fruit salads in the park are all very nice but it would be great to get a munch on some fruit on the go.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

polar vixen

we alwAys see fresh fruit at most off tge buffets

CitrusZing

Good question. I am racking my brain trying to think if I've seen whole fruit for sale in the parks. Some of the quick service counters sell packaged fresh fruit salad (as a no added sugar option), candied apples (lots of sugar!) or occasionally dried fruit but I can't picture whole bananas, etc.

I would have a look at breakfast and sneak one out or have a look at the shops/cafes in the train station.

I've just had a look online and it looks as if that as long as you are travelling from a EU country to another (i.e. the UK to France) you can carry fruit with you if you wished. (https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk/food & http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/a12503-voyageurs-vous-ramenez-des-produits-vegetaux-dans-vos-bagages-).
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

billy

We had lovely fresh fruit on our buffet although no bananas unfortunately.
There is a stall next to Planet Hollywood that was selling strawberries and other fruit on a stick but i think they were meant for dipping in chocolate and they were really expensive too.
I didnt see fruit anywhere else sorry.

LotsoHugginBear

During summer there are little snack points in Frontierland and Adventureland (maybe somewhere else, too) where you can buy aplles, bananas and sometimes oranges.
But I have only see this in summer.

glenn

When I was there three years ago with my grandchildren( who are into bodybuilding) part of their diet was fresh fruit,and when I asked at reception where I could buy fresh fruit they told me to go to the restaurant and help ourselves.
This was only 3 years ago so it could still apply.

andrewuk

Quote from: glenn on March 14, 2016, 03:42:22 PM
When I was there three years ago with my grandchildren( who are into bodybuilding) part of their diet was fresh fruit,and when I asked at reception where I could buy fresh fruit they told me to go to the restaurant and help ourselves.
This was only 3 years ago so it could still apply.

Sound amazing Glenn I'll give it a try! 8)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

whatsupanders

Otherwise there is a giant Auchan supermarket at Val D'Europe

kirstyf

The train station shop sells fruit. We bought apples there last year- can't say I noticed if they had bananas though!

bp_serene

I'm fairly certain that I bought fresh bananas from a stand just inside the studios park back in June last year.