Jack Sparrow In DLP

Started by CaptainKennySparrow, August 01, 2015, 09:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigger1974

I don't mind him being available for a meet and greet but (I appreciate I may be in a minority here) I don't think he needs to be in the ride.  Pirates of the Caribbean is my all time favourite ride at DLRP and honestly don't think his inclusion is necessary.  Of course even if he does eventually turn up I won't allow this to spoil my enjoyment of the ride.
TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

HildeKitten

Oh but I agree. I think the ride could do with a bit of an update to make it look more "modern", but in my opinion that doesn't mean they should include the movies.
The movies were based on the ride after all, so I don't see why the ride should suddenly become based on the movies.

tigger1974

Quote from: HildeKitten on August 22, 2015, 11:00:32 AM
Oh but I agree. I think the ride could do with a bit of an update to make it look more "modern", but in my opinion that doesn't mean they should include the movies.
The movies were based on the ride after all, so I don't see why the ride should suddenly become based on the movies.

Couldn't agree more. I mean when you think about it Eddie Murphy hasn't made it into the Haunted Mansion has he?
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

HildeKitten

Absolutely correct!

Although let's be fair here, if that movie had been the same kind of success as the PoTC movies have been, they'd have overhauled the Mansions ages ago and only Phantom Manor would have been spared on the account it not being a Haunted Mansion ;)
Well that and Mystic Manor over in Hong Kong.

Disneyholics

i wish my fella would dress up as Jack Sparrow lol .ive seen two lots of jack sparrows ,ones small french not that good, but the other one is great ,got the voice,looks ,and does have good banter.hope he is there again next year i love meeting him. Hope you and your family have fun

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Disneyholics on September 25, 2015, 03:17:02 PM
i wish my fella would dress up as Jack Sparrow lol .ive seen two lots of jack sparrows ,ones small french not that good, but the other one is great ,got the voice,looks ,and does have good banter.hope he is there again next year i love meeting him. Hope you and your family have fun

awe thanks so much! I have seen a video of the small french one! Was not impressed haha Im hoping to film a video of me and the jack sparrow there having a bit of banter :)
Take what you can....give nothing back.

Disneyholics

oh fab, lets hope you meet the good one ! ;D

Mileto

Well, well, well!  ;D ;D ;D

We've heard soo much about you going to the Halloween soiree, CaptainKennySparrow! But - no pictures, no nothing!

Still waiting for you to come and tell us how it was  8) ;D Did you manage to come in the park with you gorgeous costume?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disney Magic

I met him, he was one of the best characters he looked exactly like Johnny Depp in fact I still have doubts that it was him. He dealt really well with the queues and made sure that people didn't push in. He pointed at the person who was next and was very fair. I hope you get to meet him and look out for him near adventure land and have a great time a Disneyland Paris  :D

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Mileto on December 10, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
Well, well, well!  ;D ;D ;D

We've heard soo much about you going to the Halloween soiree, CaptainKennySparrow! But - no pictures, no nothing!

Still waiting for you to come and tell us how it was  8) ;D Did you manage to come in the park with you gorgeous costume?

Yikes!! So sorry for the delay! Been so busy with work and stuff, its been mental!! To be honest I personally didnt ejoy the Soiree! BUT I loved going on the POTC ride dressed up haha , had a few staff compliment me. Also  when I met the Jack sparrow guy  he was quite rude to say the least haha he kept on saying "im se star", as a professional lookalike i didnt think this guy cut it. When I was in line to meet him a few folk were coming up wanting pics with me as they didnt want to wait for him lol, I had to tell them No as its not allowed, and quite a few folk wouldnt take no for an answer to the point where my wife got involved hahaha

I have lots of pics but will upload these 2 atm :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take what you can....give nothing back.