Full board - how does it work?

Started by Belle21, February 25, 2016, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belle21

Hi everyone, am just after a bit of advice, as am slightly confused.

Am going to DLP next month and have upgraded to the Full Board option. How does it work? I.e do you get one voucher for lunch and one for dinner. Are these for table service and counter service, or just table service?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

DisneyRon

First off, what level of Full Board are you getting. ;)

The "Hotel" level has separate vouchers for Lunch and Dinner.

Standard, Plus and Premium simply have 2 meal vouchers per day (breakfast is included in your hotel as standard), that can be used at any restaurant that is covered by the plan (either table service or counter service, again, depending on the plan level).

If you wish to eat at a restaurant that isn't covered by your plan, then the "face value" of the vouchers will be used towards the bill, the same goes for eating "off the menu" for those restaurants that offer a limited menu for your level of voucher.

As for which restaurant is covered by what plan, check the link below from DLP Guide, I assume it's still up-to-date.
http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Belle21

Hey, thank you for replying. I booked an upgrade as part of a hotel package via the Disneyland Paris website. We are staying at Sequoia, so would assume that it is hotel.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Belle21 on March 01, 2016, 06:27:06 PM
Hey, thank you for replying. I booked an upgrade as part of a hotel package via the Disneyland Paris website. We are staying at Sequoia, so would assume that it is hotel.

If it's the hotel plan, then you'd be limited to the counter service restaurants in the parks for lunch (unless you use the voucher at face value and pay the difference) and the restaurants at Sequoia for dinner (assuming both are open). :)

Belle21

So after some asking around at the travel agents, it is actually Fullboard Plus. Can the lunch vouchers be used at a counter service, or only at the list of restaurants provided please? Thank you

DisneyRon

Quote from: Belle21 on March 03, 2016, 05:14:36 PM
So after some asking around at the travel agents, it is actually Fullboard Plus. Can the lunch vouchers be used at a counter service, or only at the list of restaurants provided please? Thank you

Simply put, the list is just to show which big restaurants you can use on a given plan.

They're valid at ALL counter service restaurants, they generally use the value as printed on the voucher, but that should still get you a ton of food per voucher (you could probably get lunch for two on a single voucher, given their approximate value).

LotsoHugginBear

Uhh Fullboard Plus... You have to eat all the day :-D

It's right, you can use your vouchers at counters - BUT that ist a totally waste of money! You only get 1 menu per voucher and nothing else. So, if you use your voucher at a counter where the menu costs about 13€ that's it. So you waste about 20€...
If you want to make something out of your money go to a table service and a buffet restaurant every day.

That's one of the biggest reasons I would never book fullboard at Disney. I never could eat that much!

stifle

Quote from: Belle21 on March 03, 2016, 05:14:36 PM

You can use the vouchers at any Disney restaurant. That is to say, any restaurant in either park or any Disney hotel, plus the Disney Village restaurants Annette's, The Steakhouse, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show starring Mickey & Friends, La Grange, and New York Style Sandwiches. However, if you use them at restaurants not on the prescribed list, you'll get less value out of them.

Note that using the voucher at a counter service restaurant permits you to buy food up to the value of the voucher, so it's certainly possible to buy 2 menus.

DisneyRon

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on March 03, 2016, 10:00:34 PM
Uhh Fullboard Plus... You have to eat all the day :-D

It's right, you can use your vouchers at counters - BUT that ist a totally waste of money! You only get 1 menu per voucher and nothing else. So, if you use your voucher at a counter where the menu costs about 13€ that's it. So you waste about 20€...
If you want to make something out of your money go to a table service and a buffet restaurant every day.

That's one of the biggest reasons I would never book fullboard at Disney. I never could eat that much!

I agree with Stifle here, when I last visited I was on full board premium, and I could spend up to the full value of a voucher at a counter service, I didn't feel I needed to, but I could. I even had some trouble exchanging the voucher as the cashier refused to accept it initially, because she felt it was a waste (and in a way it was, but I didn't really care in this instance). Though I will say that was in September 2014.

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: stifle on March 03, 2016, 10:02:25 PM
Note that using the voucher at a counter service restaurant permits you to buy food up to the value of the voucher, so it's certainly possible to buy 2 menus.

Sorry, that's not true!
I always thought the way you described it was possible, but it's not.

I have been to Disneyland Paris this january and hat the meal plan vouchers. One day we weren't in the mood for a table service or buffet so we decided to use our vouchers at Cafe Hyperion. The CM at the cashier told me, that I would only get 1 menu per voucher and that I will waste money if I use them there. She asked her manager if there is a possibility to get 2 menus per voucher cause it was worth ~30€ and the menu costs only ~15€. The answer was "no". So I orderd 2 menus and have to hand over 2 vouchers.
After I have recieved the food, the cashier aked me to wait a moment, and left her desk. A few moments later she arrived and gave me two Star Wars souvenir mugs. She told me that she was very sorry about the situation and apologized a hundred times. She was very kind!

Maybe it depends on the manager of the restaurant? Or Disney changed the rules during the last weeks?

stifle

Possibly depends on the individual CM's discretion. Sometimes it'll work in your favour, sometimes it won't.