Trick or a treat? Mitchell's Spooky Adventures

Started by Mitchell, February 14, 2016, 02:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchell

Its very delayed but here is my Halloween report! (13th-17th October if anyone is curious :p)

Day 1 Chapter 1 – On My Way

I woke up around 6:30am ready to leave, I had the 10:58 Eurostar so it sounded easy enough.

I got everything ready to take, I think the only thing I forgot was a Dedicated to DLP badge, but not too much of an upset as it could've been much much worse.

I left mine about 8am and was already late for the first bus, but managed to get on a bus and train and get to St Pancras for around 9:50am, which was a good thing for me!

I buy a drink and a chocolate bar (said chocolate bar wasn't eaten until Saturday in the end :p) and wait for my boarding gate, the boarding gate was announced and I went on the Eurostar.

A gentleman was in my seat (which was already backwards, which I requested not to be put, although it had a plug socket and that was more important to me :p) and then sat next to me.

About 5 minutes later he had got his stuff and moved, charming.

We stopped and were told we had an hour delay to get into the tunnel which was frustrating as my transfer was only half hour and I had never done it before so didn't really know what to do, thankfully the delay was only about 15 minutes, giving me a bit of a rush at Lille, but nothing unachievable!

I arrived in Marne La Valee station at about 3pm, the plan was to go in the park, get my annual pass then sort out my hotel, but I decided that I would never leave the park so decided to go to the hotel first, I tried to find the RER station but was struggling, so went and got a bus to Val D'Europe RER.

I knew I had to pass through the shopping centre before getting to my hotel, but I didn't know where to turn off or anything, so I quickly looked up a map in the Apple store and got a fair understanding, I managed to learn about half of it, thankfully once that half was done I could see the sign for my hotel!

I checked in easily and went in my room to discover I had been given bunk beds... thanks!

It was about 4:20pm already and I wanted to go and get my annual pass, so I went and sorted that out, fairly easy!

I went into the park and decided to get a spot for the parade whilst relaxing, I did so and got some photos before my phone froze and missed half of the floats  Oh well!

I decided then to go and ride Dumbo before buying an autograph book, but then saw Meet Mickey was only 5 minutes, so I went for that... I went for that without remembering to buy an autograph book

Oh well Mickey was fantastic anyway, really great first meet and greet of the trip! (ignore the jogging bottoms, I forgot to change them at the hotel as I wore them to travel in :p)

I then bought and autograph book and went around looking for my next character!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

Mitchell

Day 1 – Chapter Two – Halloween Halloween Halloween

I saw Jack Skellington was still out and with a short enough queue so went to queue for him.

About 10 minutes later I was with the guy, my sister asked me to take two of her Tsum Tsum's so that they could have as much of a good time as I would have, so I took Jack Skellington and Zero, I told Jack the story and he took Jack and Zero on a tour of his meet and greet area getting the photographer to take loads of photos, Jack was AMAZING! I'm not a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan (yet ended up with all 8 of the Tsum Tsums :p) but Jack was an incredible meet and greet and one that I will always fondly remember, thanks to him!

It was then time for the last 'Good To Be Bad' show of the day with the Villains.

I decided to go and see if I could meet anybody, this show of the day was Cruella's show, theres 4 different shows, Dr Facilier, Cruella, Maleficent (who didn't meet due to her meet in Fantasyland), Evil Queen.

The only thing I didn't like with this show was that Jafar and Frollo were part of the dance routine, for some reason Captain Hook dancing worked as did Gaston, Evil Queen, Old Hag etc but them two dancing it just seemed very very wrong!

I decided to go and try to meet Gaston as he seemed the easiest, the meet was a scrum where the villain chose who was next, which again was mostly children annoyingly enough, so I got out the picture Abbie drew of him and was next to meet him, he was extremely impressed and posed for a few photos and signed my book.

I decided to go and tour Frontierland incase anyone random was out when I found Halloween Mickey! Two Mickey's in an hour! He signed and I met him in this amazing outfit!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

NCC1701Q

Nice report and two Mickeys in an hour must be a record :)
We were there too during Halloween and I saw you at the Vive-la-Vie-parade one day - you were walking/dancing at the rope at the end of the parade. I recognized you from pictures on this forum but didn't know your name so calling out for you was a bit hard. Looks like you had a great time (as did we!)!

Mitchell

Quote from: NCC1701Q on February 14, 2016, 07:56:50 AM
Nice report and two Mickeys in an hour must be a record :)
We were there too during Halloween and I saw you at the Vive-la-Vie-parade one day - you were walking/dancing at the rope at the end of the parade. I recognized you from pictures on this forum but didn't know your name so calling out for you was a bit hard. Looks like you had a great time (as did we!)!
Oh dear! I was hoping no one has noticed that  ;D I had always wanted to walk behind the rope at a parade, it just happened to be a dancing one too! Hope you had the best time :) was such a great week