Improvements to attractions

Started by Mtlchuck, February 12, 2016, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtlchuck

Hi everyone!

I have the privilege of being on exchange in Paris and obviously, I am now the proud holder of a DLP annual pass :). Ive had the chance of going twice so far, both very nice experiences.

However, I did notice something that I had noticed in previous visit and that irritates me about the attractions... ITS SO DARN BRIGHT INSIDE !!

The biggest culprits of this are Phantom Manor, Pirates, and It's a Small World.

It's a small world its the saddest example, as it is evident the ride was supposed to be dark like its US counterparts. One can see many lightbulbs on the decors that are off and instead, everything is illuminated with colourful floodlights. Not only makes this for a less magical environment, but it also exposes the ceiling, which sticks out like a horrible supermarket ceiling.

Pirates has the same, the illumination is so bright that the whole illusion is ruined throughout the attraction. Last summer I rode Pirates in California and I was so impressed at the effective night sky achieved throughout. In Paris however, you have the exact same supermarket ceiling everywhere.

Also, the Phantom Canyon scene in PM has the same problem. It is necessary to look straight at the scenes so the illusion is not broken.

Why do you think the lighting is so off in these attractions? It is a huge improvement that would cost nothing to little to fix!

Also, I watched the parade for the first time ever. It was nice HOWEVER the soundtrack in an absolute pain! There is no soundtrack really, its just a 2 minute song (there's magic everywheeere!) looped over and over. Why didnt they come up with songs for each float? This really made me leave before the parade was over as I could not bear the song anymore!

rebecca20

I can honestly say I've never noticed! I always think they are really dark especially pirates (maybe it's my poor eyesight). I'm always too busy discussing and rehearsing what pose to do for the photo to even be aware I'm on a ride. I'll get back to you in March when I've looked at the ceiling.

As for the parade song - it is rather annoying and repetitive. The Halloween parade song is so much more catchy and fun.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Zee79

I've noticed the ceiling in small world & it does let it down, you wouldn't notice it as much if you didn't have things so high up for you to look at. In phantom manor I think it's far too dark at times but never noticed the ceiling before, I'll probably look more now haha

Mtlchuck

Let me know your opinion :).

I always enjoy listening to Disney Parade Soundtracks. Paint the Night has its leitmotif but every unit has its own notes, same as Main Street Electrical Parade, but honestly the DLP parade is A LOOP. Also I have the impression that the floats go too close to each other, have you noticed this?

naisworld

I've always noticed the ceilings in its a small world, they teally annoy me as once you've seen them you can't stop looking! Never noticed them in POTC or PM before though. Also I think I must be the only person who loves the parade song, I know every word and have it as my ring tone! X

Zee79

I know all the words & so do my girls often putting on shows with Disney's parade songs haha

rebecca20

I know the words a little too well!

I know what you mean about parade floats being close - I always think it makes it tricky to get photos because you have to move on to the next float. Again, the Halloween parade spaced things out more so there wasn't an issue. Probably a time keeping thing more than anything as there seems to be a lot more floats (yet smaller) and less dancers than previous parades.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

andrewuk

When it was first launched for the 15th the parade did have much more of a soundtrack, but after they changed it for the 20th it is just the same song over and over. I prefer the older one but don't mind it as it is now either.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne