[PIN AWARDS] Round 8 - August 2004

Started by Anthony, November 20, 2004, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This week, you can vote for your favourite pin from August 2004 in Round 8 of the Pin Awards 2004, so I thought I'd look back on what happened during August in the world of Pin Trading...

Free Pins Encourage Guests to Join the Pin Trading Magic!
15-8-2004
Guests entering Disneyland Park on August 5th will have had an extra special surprise as they received a free Pin Trading pin as they entered!  The pin's design is the classic Mickey in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle with the Disneyland Resort Paris logo at the bottom.  What makes this pin extra special though is that on the back it is marked with the date - 5th August 2004!  This makes the free pin highly collectible, especially if it is still on the special backing card it was handed out with.
But why would the Pin Team give away free pins?  Is it because they have made so much money with Pin Trading that they can afford to do this?!  Well, partly - although Pin Trading as a collecting hobby has been a huge success in Paris, the trading aspect has so far been largely unsuccessful, mainly due to the lack of tempting lanyards and people willing to test their language skills and ask to trade!  Recently we've seen a huge amount of nice themed lanyards featuring two Pin Trading stars - Tinkerbell and Stitch, and now the Pin Team is taking the effort to get people trading a step further by handing out these special pins.  The oversized cardboard backing card of the pins explains what you need to do to get into Pin Trading in three simple steps, and it is hoped that the simplicity of these instructions will get lots more kids Pin Trading during the busy summer season when many families visit the parks.

The instructions are simply as follows:

1. Look for a lanyard and wear a grin!
2. Find the Disney Pin you've been searching for.
3. Trade one of yours for a great new pin.
Wanna try?  Have fun!

Stitch Hawaii Pin Event
21-08-2004
Stitch Hawaii Pin Trading Event
Saturday 21 August 2004
Walt Disney StudiosĀ® Studio 1
7.30 pm to 11.30 pm
350 exclusive packages

Come and experience the magic of Disney and participate in the new Stitch Hawaii Pin Trading and fancy dress event*!
The event will begin at 7.30 pm with a cocktail provided by Walt Disney StudiosĀ®** in Studio One.

Various events will be held throughout the evening including:
* Competitions: fancy dress, Hula Hoop, etc.
* Awarding of a Pin to the winner of the "grab your pencils" contest
* Pin Trading activities (Trading Boards, colouring-in workshop, etc.)
* Signing of the pins by our artists
* Presentation of Disney buyers
* Eat as much as you like dinner at the " En Coulisse" restaurant
* Presence of Lilo & Stitch

Don't miss the release of two exclusive and limited edition pins, which will only be sold during the event. Also catch a sneak peak of other new releases such as the Stitch Mona Lisa, Butterfly Tinker Bell and Wagon no.11 pins!

August 2004 Pin Releases

Princesses
Sleeping Beauty's Castle  
Ariel's Castle  

Jiminy Cricket
Jiminy Umbrella  
Jiminy Flowers  

Stitch Hawaii Pin Event
Stitch Event - Beach Surfboard
Stitch Event - Ukulele Dancing
Stitch Mona Lisa  

Tinkerbell
Butterfly Tinkerbell  
Tinkerbell Back to School

Casey Jr. Train Collection
Train: Part Eleven - Fox and the Hound

So, what are you waiting for?  Get voting now to make a real difference in this round of the Pin Awards.  Even at this stage, your vote really could change the outcome of the awards!

VOTE NOW!
//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/pintrading/news/2004/pinawards/index.htm

PAT_MAGIC

Cool, this weeks looks even better would you believe it i have voted again :lol:

Anthony

Thanks Patrick!

I'm looking forward to the final round myself now... anyone got any early predictions for the winner?  My money might be on Mona Lisa Stitch, but we'll have to see if it makes it through this round!  :?