Footwear....sorry for daft question!

Started by DisneyM79, February 01, 2016, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Contrary to what I was expecting I just amount managed 5 days straight in my Vans shoes haha. It depends how much you're doing too, and I suppose o my the weather. In the cooler weather I was fine but in warm weather I imagine sore sweaty feet may occur in vans...
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DisneyM79

Thanks everyone!

Crocs are unfortunately not for me, or trainers like I said before, but I remember doing the Florida parks as a newbie and the foot arch pain of doing them in flip flops.....frankly i'd never want to experience that again lol!

sooooo I'll buy some new boots or trainer type shoes soonish and get them well worn in before May, but just so hard to know what the weather will do so will take something to cover both rain and sun!

Will have to get my daughters feet measured the month before and get her some good supportive shoes too!

Argh! so much to think about for this trip lol! but am enjoying every single minute of the planning!!  ;D ;D

'Have Courage and Be Kind'

disneysteph

Im going in my sketchers with the memory foam insoles, they are like wearing your slippers (even if they are a bit ugly!)  I'll spray them with waterproofing stuff before I go!

MattR

I always wear leather shoes or boots in Disneyland. I would never wear trainers.

In Tokyo Disneyland a lot of women wear highheels unfortunately in Europe people don´t dress properly anymore.

DisneyGagaChick

I normally take trainers or pumps that have I have owned for a long time! Ankle boots can be good too!

We have recently bought Disney Vans for our trip (Mum insisted   :P ) so we have been breaking them in just so we don't get sore feet.

Hope this helps!

rebecca20

Literally wear whats comfortable! You will be walking a lot so don't worry what you look like its not a fashion show, plus I can honestly say you won't see your feet in photos. I always pack a nicer pair of shoes for meals if it's somewhere posh the rest of the time its my trusty memory foam sketchers.

Quote from: MattR on February 03, 2016, 09:54:04 PM
I always wear leather shoes or boots in Disneyland. I would never wear trainers.

In Tokyo Disneyland a lot of women wear highheels unfortunately in Europe people don´t dress properly anymore.

I'm not quite sure what is meant by that comment but it appears to read incredibly sexist and rude. Women don't need to wear heels to dress properly and men don't need to have a suit to dress properly either. Disneyland is a holiday venue people want to wear relaxed clothing plus you are going to be getting on and off rides somehow a short skirt and stilettos won't be appropriate.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Zee79

Why would formal wear be suitable for a theme park? The last thing I think about is dressing fancy or girly whilst spending the day in the park. A  meal in a restaurant is different but still wouldn't do stilettos but it wouldn't be trainers either. I would need to be comfortable. If this is your preferred footwear then that is your choice but be advised of the distance covered & time spent on your feet. Everyone is different.

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: MattR on February 03, 2016, 09:54:04 PM

Wow, a troll on a Disneyland forum?! Is there any need?  Disneyland is about fun, magic and love not about fashion or whatever sexist views anyone holds.

DisneyRon

It is entirely irrelevant what anyone (of any gender) wears while in the park. As long as they're comfortable (and decent ;) ) they're free to do as they wish. ;D This is a holiday after all.