Princess Pavillion - changes to Meet and Greet with Aurora

Started by haribosmum, January 22, 2016, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: haribosmum on January 27, 2016, 11:17:18 AM
The only App I found was available via the disneylandparis website, mine is blue though? 

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 22, 2016, 11:24:14 AM
Of course there's only one Aurora (character integrity ;)), but yes both rooms will be used.

I saw photos from ED92 that show 'someone' arriving at the princess pavilion, they were covered up in a big coat/hood in different colours (and obviously at different times) but I now 'understand' how the meet and greet works a bit more :-)

Also, from same source I saw a photo of Rapunzel and Flynn! It looked to me like they were near to Plaza gardens.  My little boy is called Flynn so this would be perfect for a random meet and greet.

Rapunzel and Flynn weren't out today.
That friend of Rapunzel doesn't even work at DLP anymore.
It's an old photo, they always do that on Facebook.
Just sort of a game like "have you met this character?"

The hood is to cover up the different friends of Aurora.
It's all about character integrity.
It's a bit strange if one friend of Aurora walks in and a minute later another one walks out.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

fiyero

We visited today, got our tickets at about 11.30 and was offered 14:00 or 15:45 and picked the later time. Got there a few minutes early and went straight in, walked slowly looking at the stained glass etc and then were first to wait for Aurora  (no queue). Loads of photos on our photopass plus now :-)
I do kinda hate knowing that we won't see any other princesses tomorrow though :'(

Disney Matt

Quote from: fiyero on January 27, 2016, 06:53:18 PM
We visited today, got our tickets at about 11.30 and was offered 14:00 or 15:45 and picked the later time. Got there a few minutes early and went straight in, walked slowly looking at the stained glass etc and then were first to wait for Aurora  (no queue). Loads of photos on our photopass plus now :-)
I do kinda hate knowing that we won't see any other princesses tomorrow though :'(

Hello there :)
Can I ask how long it took you to get the ticket for the Pavillion?
Hope you're having a lovely trip too, i'm there next week  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

fiyero

No wait at all for tickets (when I walked past the day before the queue was only 2 or 3 deep). I'd imagine there is still a queue early on.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: haribosmum on January 26, 2016, 10:16:53 AM
Indeed, every meet & greet have official photographers."

Be mindful that NOT every meet & greet has an official photographer. It seems to me only the locations with a roof have an official photographer. When I was in DLP last Friday, Tiana (at the riverboat in Frontierland) did have a photographer, but the Aladdin meeting point in Adventureland did not...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

stifle

I think that varies. When I was there in Nov/Dec last year there were PhotoPass photographers on every scheduled meet&greet as well as all the EMH meet&greets, most of which were outdoors. Only when I randomly encountered characters was there no photographer.

All that can be said I suspect is that the only places guaranteed to have PhotoPass+ photographers are those marked with the symbol in the programme, that is to say Aurora, Mickey, and Spider-Man.

naisworld

We were there last week. Waited 15 minutes to get our time slot. When we went back waited no more than 5 minutes in the pavilion. It was much better than before. I do think they should have a different princess each day though! X

fairymom

Is it true that all princesses are in the Auberge? My daugher is not that interested in meeting Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White etc. But she loves Tiana, Merida and Rapunzel. From what I've read these 3 are not in the Auberge? Has that changed then? I'd stump up the money for her birthday dinner at Auberge if I thought she'd get to meet Merida and Tiana.

stifle

The ticketing system was not operative today with wait times of 90-120 minutes usually.

polar vixen

I hope they stick to tge ticketing system after trials then!  and mix up the princesses a little

DisneyAlba

Quote from: fairymom on February 14, 2016, 10:11:21 PM
Is it true that all princesses are in the Auberge? My daugher is not that interested in meeting Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White etc. But she loves Tiana, Merida and Rapunzel. From what I've read these 3 are not in the Auberge? Has that changed then? I'd stump up the money for her birthday dinner at Auberge if I thought she'd get to meet Merida and Tiana.

I believe it's only the 'classic' princesses at the Auberge. BUT, both Tiana and Merida currently have their own photo locations! Tiana is in the waiting area for the riverboat (since Rivers of the Far West is currently closed), and Merida is near the Chaparral theatre I think?
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: polar vixen on February 15, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
I hope they stick to tge ticketing system after trials then!  and mix up the princesses a little

From March 5th on, everything returns back to normal.
Regular rotation and ticket system.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

fairymom

Quote from: DisneyAlba on February 15, 2016, 07:46:23 PM
I believe it's only the 'classic' princesses at the Auberge. BUT, both Tiana and Merida currently have their own photo locations! Tiana is in the waiting area for the riverboat (since Rivers of the Far West is currently closed), and Merida is near the Chaparral theatre I think?

That's great to hear. I hope they are still there in May!

billy

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 15, 2016, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: polar vixen on February 15, 2016, 12:27:46 AM

From March 5th on, everything returns back to normal.
Regular rotation and ticket system.

So if i understand correctly you just go and wait and then go straight away to see the princess then if there is no ticket system?
Does it tell you what time the princesses are there?

stifle

Yes, at the moment you just turn up and queue up.

The opening times are published in the daily programme – currently 10:45-16:00 – and the princess (there is only one) is there between those times.