Disney Hotel without park tickets + annual passes

Started by A84P86, January 21, 2016, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A84P86

I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

We are looking to book either Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest or Newport Bay Compass Club for 4 nights, 5 days this August. We are juggling around prices and coming up with different figures.

Is it possible for either my or my husband to buy a Dream annual pass an use the 35% discount to book the hotel with the rest of the family having the tickets that come with the hotel price or do we all have to buy the annual passes to get the hotel discount?

If we can book the discount with just one person's annual pass, can my husband book the room using his annual pass with some of our children and then I add myself and one of our children when we book in, but just pay the room tax? I've been confused when reading on line about people adding other guests.

Thank you.

princesslaura

The discount from the annual pass is usually a lot higher. I called up last week and it was over £1200 per standard room in Newport Bay for 4 nights compared to about £800 online. The online discount is usually higher than what you get with the annual pass! What you will have read is people with annual passes booking the room online as normal for 1 person when they have an annual pass and then paying the room tax when they get there as they already have entry to the park with the annual pass.

stifle

I think you've got things a bit muddled. If you book a hotel with your annual passport discount then no park tickets will come with the room.

If you book at the public rate you can book for fewer guests and get park tickets for that many guests, then each additional guest needs an annual passport and you pay the room tax when you check in. Note that if this takes your booking from 2 guests or fewer to 3 guests or more, you should book by phone rather than online, or phone the hotel to explain what you have done so that they give you a room with enough beds. As some rooms particularly in the more expensive hotels have only one double bed.