Princess Pavillion

Started by Disneyholics, January 05, 2016, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyholics

hi all, so could someone tell me what the new ticket system is like to meet the princesses, hopefully better then queing 3 hours :-*,although do get a warm up being inside!

stifle

Sure thing. From 8:00 each morning guests start queueing near the Old Mill. From 10:30, cast members give out tickets which are shaped like FastPasses. Each ticket entitles one group to visit one princess at the 30-minute time slot printed on the ticket. Group size is stamped on the ticket and guests in larger groups are asked to send just one guest to queue up holding the park tickets of the entire group.

Guests are not admitted early or late. When inside, there is a further queue of up to 40 minutes to see the princess herself. At the top of the queue guests will be asked if they have previously met any particular princess and if they name one and only one that is on-duty their group will be assigned to the other princess. Otherwise they will be assigned at random.

DLPWonders (Banned)

It isn't in any way better.
People still start queueing at 8am, whilst the machines don't get turned on until 10.30am.
You still have to queue up to 2-3 hours to get your ticket.
The only difference is that a machine hands you your ticket now, instead of a cast member.

@ Stifle

It works differently now, since they use ticket machines ;)
You have to scan all the tickets of your group, and you can pick a time from 2-3 different options.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stifle

Wasn't aware of the ticket machines. That makes things slightly different to the manual system as it is presumably no longer possible to use park tickets that haven't been scanned for admission that day. So parents need to drag their kids up and into the park during EMHs...

haribosmum

Does anyone know how the ticketing works for disabled entry?  Previously we've queued at the exit and gone through when the cast member comes to collect.  Has this changed?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Mileto

We saw the istalled still not working machines, when we were there a month ago. They spare the cast members, not the time.

As I remember there was a separate machine for disabled visitors. I am sure there is a CM operating by helpling, organizing and checking who's using them.

I am glad we made this princess thing once, not going to do it again. It's not our thing. We were sooo nervous at the end of the waiting line (because there was a big chance of missing our slot for Jedi academy), that I'm sure we frightened Snow White with our looks, we were in such a hurry, she got no attention  ;D ;D ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: haribosmum on January 06, 2016, 11:02:00 AM
Does anyone know how the ticketing works for disabled entry?  Previously we've queued at the exit and gone through when the cast member comes to collect.  Has this changed?

There's a separate queue.
Officially that queue doesn't open until 10am, however people still start queueing around 9.30am.
There's a cm at the entrance of the queue line, that writes down your name, card number and the number of people in your party.
Then you can enter the queue line, and you wait until 10.30am.
From the moment the machines are turned on, one by one you can move out of the queue to the machine and pick your time.
When one person walks away from the machine, the next one can come out of the queue to the machine.
After that you show up at the exit, at the time you chose.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Disneyholics

cricky thanks, still in for a few hours waiting then

haribosmum

Thanks for the advice on the disabled entry.  My 8yr old daughter doesn't seem so fussed this time but we may still go once :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20