The Forest of Enchantment (New Chaparral Theatre Show)

Started by DisneyGagaChick, December 31, 2015, 08:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

Hi there!

I think this has been confirmed, but I am not sure. I haven't seen a topic about this either!

According to ED92 on Twitter, a new show is coming to the Charparral Theatre called The Forest of Enchantment (La Forêt de l'Enchantement)

"The centerpiece of the set will be a 1.5 ton foldable piece that reveals moving stairs, it will be in constant evolution. The show will be hosted by an MC surrounded by 4 singers representing nature, and a cast centered around animals and plants. Water, Earth("Lezardo") Fire ("Ragina") and Air ("Lucille") are some of the characters of the show. They will be joined by Disney Characters. Scenes will include Pocahontas for the opening followed by King Louie, Tarzan, Rapunzel and Merida before the big finale. 20 minute production which will occur five times a day!"

It will mostly be performed in English. Begins 10th February 2016 to 8th May 2016, 7 days a week.

Like I said, I am not 100% sure if it has been confirmed or if a topic has been posted so just thought I'd post it!  ;D

stifle

If that's true it's great timing for me, my next visit is the 14th February :)

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: stifle on December 31, 2015, 09:15:17 PM
If that's true it's great timing for me, my next visit is the 14th February :)

Mine is 15th-19th February!! What hotel are you staying in & how long are you going for?

stifle

We're only having one day in the parks this time around as part of a larger Paris tip. So we'll just miss one another :(

polar vixen

I hope because of this they actually do a Pocahontas nmeet and greet. that would be fab!

rebecca20

That would make sense in terms of staging (thinking they have to be able to transfer things back to Frozen pretty quick) as there's currently lots of trees and Elsas stairs.

Looking forward to a new show although not sure what they will do with the little Frozen shop outside?! Fingers crossed for a meet and greet.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

littlebitofpixiedust

I'm very excited about this! Fingers crossed  ;D

Love Pocahontas and Tarzan both very moving and great songs!

sophstar007

Sounds amazing...but we aren't going until July 2016 so we will probably miss it  :'(

dazzle_v2003

Sounds amazing! Great selection of characters too. i'm visiting literally 2 weeks before it starts so I hope there will be some soft openings but I'm doubtful.

After reading many a interview from Daniel Delcourt about DLP future the plan is that this show will run all year alternating with Frozen Sing along during the summer and xmas seasons. If this happens this would be excellent news as it means the Chaparral Theatre will have a show running all year round once again.

Komble

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on January 03, 2016, 02:42:33 PM
Sounds amazing! Great selection of characters too. i'm visiting literally 2 weeks before it starts so I hope there will be some soft openings but I'm doubtful.

I second this - I was hoping it'd be on the first week of February... What a shame!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: polar vixen on January 01, 2016, 11:04:43 AM
I hope because of this they actually do a Pocahontas nmeet and greet. that would be fab!

No meet, just a temporarily show.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: rebecca20 on January 01, 2016, 02:41:52 PM
That would make sense in terms of staging (thinking they have to be able to transfer things back to Frozen pretty quick) as there's currently lots of trees and Elsas stairs.

Looking forward to a new show although not sure what they will do with the little Frozen shop outside?! Fingers crossed for a meet and greet.

That will be blocked off, just like they did for Halloween.
There will not be a meet 'n greet with Frozen characters nor characters from the new show.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: sophstar007 on January 02, 2016, 11:41:49 PM
Sounds amazing...but we aren't going until July 2016 so we will probably miss it  :'(

The show only runs until May 8th.
But there is a new show coming to the Animagique building called "Mickey and the Magician", which will open on July 6th.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on January 03, 2016, 02:42:33 PM

After reading many a interview from Daniel Delcourt about DLP future the plan is that this show will run all year alternating with Frozen Sing along during the summer and xmas seasons. If this happens this would be excellent news as it means the Chaparral Theatre will have a show running all year round once again.

IF they do soft openings, that will be one or two days before opening.
Definitely not 2 weeks before opening.

Dottymcdotty

Do we know if/when this will be confirmed as there is nothing on their main site :( !

Thanks