Disneyland Paris Auditions 2016

Started by fantasmicWDW, December 30, 2015, 04:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantasmicWDW

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone is going to the auditions in London in January?

Disney love xoxo
Walt Disney World Florida: 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010
Disneyland Paris: 2012
~~ohana~~

JAKKO

Hi!

Yes, I will be going. I have been many times before and last time passed the audition but never heard from them so now I have to re-audition. Have you been before?

fantasmicWDW

No I have never been!

And that must be so so frustrating but huge congrats for getting through. From what I've read it is pretty tough.

So, as I only want to audition for the Summer contract (as I am a uni student), even if I got through the audition it wouldn't even necessarily mean I'd be even going over to Paris?
~~ohana~~

JAKKO

Quote from: fantasmicWDW on January 02, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
No I have never been!

And that must be so so frustrating but huge congrats for getting through. From what I've read it is pretty tough.

So, as I only want to audition for the Summer contract (as I am a uni student), even if I got through the audition it wouldn't even necessarily mean I'd be even going over to Paris?
No, definitely not, sorry. It literally just depends on what they need plus there are so many people that get on to the books so you've just got to be very lucky. That being said, what's your height?

fantasmicWDW

I've been measured twice; 4'11.5 and 4'11.8 ... so I'm definitely not a princess!!
From what I've seen on the internet there are quite a lot of fur characters that fit this but again you never know what they want.

What height are you? Did you have to wait a certain amount of time before you re auditioned?
~~ohana~~

JAKKO

Quote from: fantasmicWDW on January 02, 2016, 05:44:11 PM
I've been measured twice; 4'11.5 and 4'11.8 ... so I'm definitely not a princess!!
From what I've seen on the internet there are quite a lot of fur characters that fit this but again you never know what they want.

What height are you? Did you have to wait a certain amount of time before you re auditioned?
Well you are the perfect height for them I think! Definitely audition because you're bound to get through and get a contract :)

No, I just went back to re-audition every time they were on in London, and I'm 5"8.

185cmofawesome

Report from Leeds audition

*sad trombone* Didn't get it.

My favourite quote applies though: sucking at something is the first step to being kinda good at something.

lottycolb

I was at the Leeds audition today - I passed both rounds and am on the books for 6 months.
I'm pleased with myself but at the same time I know it's unlikely I'll get a contract (even though Daniel put it so nicely by saying he couldn't guarantee a contract but he'd do everything he can to make sure we do) :-\ I auditioned in 2011, got on the books and spent the 6 months after the audition waiting for the phone to ring and it never did so I'm expecting the same this time.
80% of the girls left at the end with me were also similar height to me at 159/160cm!
Kind of a downer since I was chuffed I'd made it, only to realise the reality!

JAKKO

Quote from: lottycolb on January 10, 2016, 08:21:43 PM
I was at the Leeds audition today - I passed both rounds and am on the books for 6 months.
I'm pleased with myself but at the same time I know it's unlikely I'll get a contract (even though Daniel put it so nicely by saying he couldn't guarantee a contract but he'd do everything he can to make sure we do) :-\ I auditioned in 2011, got on the books and spent the 6 months after the audition waiting for the phone to ring and it never did so I'm expecting the same this time.
80% of the girls left at the end with me were also similar height to me at 159/160cm!

Hi! I am re-auditioning in London on Tuesday after being on the books for six months and never got a call. So I'm pretty annoyed that I have to do the audition again, especially as I might not even get through this time. My problem is I'm right in the middle of the most common height range which means the chances of me getting a contract are very low :(

guest9295

Quote from: lottycolb on January 10, 2016, 08:21:43 PM

Well congratulations on that! At least you made it right?
Are the girls of this audition mostly around 160? I am as well and I am already on the list.
Maybe because a lot of they need a lot of girls around that height. You never know what they are looking for :)

Hope you will get a call (or an email, or whatever haha!)

guest9295

Sorry if I am annoying, but I am just very curious about this.

How many people got on the list in Leeds, I have no idea how crowded the leeds auditions are :)

lottycolb

Hello!
It's bittersweet really and I don't want to look ungrateful for this opportunity and to have to got that far  :-/
It wasn't until I left yesterday that I realised though just how many girls of my height they probably already have of my height on the books not including the new group of girls yesterday! I don't know how frequent the turnover is at DLP but Daniel said they have 600 performers in the park so let's hope there's space for us Lynn!
When we got to photo/cv stage there were about 6/8 girls and one guy that went to wigs, then between 20 and 25 that went on the books. I think of this group there were 2 guys on fur only and the rest on fur & parade. I might be wrong about that but we were organised into two queues and the two guys were in a queue of their own and I was in the line for fur & parade.
And you're not being annoying don't worry :) it's nice to share experiences especially as I went alone yesterday!

EDIT: Daniel said there were about 150 people at Leeds yesterday x

185cmofawesome

To those that didn't make it past the animation...

What I learnt last week, is that it makes absolutely no difference how much you love Disney, or how much you wanna dance as a cartoon character, or how much it all means to you. You need to be able to move/animate! Better start putting in the hours!

They need someone who can perform. Having passion isn't enough. You need the skills, the physique and the tenacity.

Give it all you got and then some!

Myself: I've lost 2 and a half stone already, but now I need to start with some serious cardio and body-weight training. Get some lean muscle. I'm in the middle of the T25 workout ATM.

guest9295

How did the London audition go for the ones who went??  :D

185cmofawesome

NEW AUDITION DATE ANNOUNCED LONDON ONLY 21ST MARCH

WARNING: This is a face-character specific audition. They give specific requirements on advert.

If you aren't a good fit for any of the princesses/princes, or are an extreme height, you'd be better off attending the one they will have in April which includes the fur characters.

My guess is, Disney princesses/princes have a far longer training/incubation time than heads-on characters so they have to start recruiting them earlier.

#LifeProTip: If you need train-tickets. Order now. They will only go up in price closer to the day.