Airport Transfers

Started by naisworld, December 28, 2015, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naisworld

We are going to DLP end of Jan and it will be the first time we have flown there. We are flying from Gatwick to CDG. Can anyone recommended a transfer company (we would prefer private)? And what sort of price should we expect to pay (2 adults, 1 x 5yr and 1 x 1yr)? Thanks 😄

stifle

Have you considered the TGV (high-speed train)? Taking just 9 minutes from station to station it can be much quicker than road transport if your arrival time matches up with the timetable and you don't mind a walk or short bus ride to the station. Fares starts from €45 one-way for two adults and one child (under-4s are free) when booked in advance.

Kseck3

Hi we wnt from CDG last year with ezyshuttle. A private transfer. I can't recommend their service highly enough. We had 2 children (3&2) they provided car seats on request free of charge. They had our name in a card when we came out of the terminal and knew their way around the airport which was great. So easy with young children. They then met us at our hotel for our return journey. €70 each way. For the service they provided and how easy it was I'd have paid €100! i still have their emails as we will most definitely use again next year when we go again. This time with 3 little ones!  :)
Dlp1995 - camp Davy crocket
Orlando 1995 - villa
Dlp1997-Newport bay
Orlando - 1998 -villa
Dlp- 1999 Newport bay
Dlp-day visit 2007
Dlp-March 2013 - Sequioa lodge-with dd
Dlp-May 2014-Sequioa lodge- x2dd....golden Forrest
Dlp- March 2019- Newport Bay....Compass Club

Mileto

We also used ezyshuttle a month ago -very pleased with their service!!!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

caspdex

In my experience the TGV option is the slowest way of getting to your final destination, best avoided.

naisworld

Thanks for the tips everyone.  Think we will be using Ezyshuttle.  Can you book them online or is it best to call them?   :)

naisworld

Quote from: stifle on December 28, 2015, 11:29:43 AM
Have you considered the TGV (high-speed train)? Taking just 9 minutes from station to station it can be much quicker than road transport if your arrival time matches up with the timetable and you don't mind a walk or short bus ride to the station. Fares starts from €45 one-way for two adults and one child (under-4s are free) when booked in advance.

If it was just me and my husband would definitely get the TGV but with 2 little ones i want as less hassle as possible! x

stifle

Quote from: naisworld on January 05, 2016, 11:36:57 AM

If it was just me and my husband would definitely get the TGV but with 2 little ones i want as less hassle as possible! x
Yeah that's a good consideration especially if your times don't line up with the TGV schedule as it could be a bit of a wait. Maybe book it for going back to the airport? At least that way you know exactly what time you need to plan to leave the parks.

caspdex

Quote from: stifle on January 05, 2016, 02:45:38 PM

Yeah that's a good consideration especially if your times don't line up with the TGV schedule as it could be a bit of a wait. Maybe book it for going back to the airport? At least that way you know exactly what time you need to plan to leave the parks.
Bear in mind that you have to get your luggage to the station and pay to leave it there. Please believe me the TGV for families is just awful, Mrs Caspdex would rather walk than go through that torture again.

stifle

Quote from: caspdex on January 05, 2016, 03:31:05 PM

Bear in mind that you have to get your luggage to the station and pay to leave it there. Please believe me the TGV for families is just awful, Mrs Caspdex would rather walk than go through that torture again.
You seem to like following me to contradict my posts about the TGV, which you're entitled to your opinion on, but you don't need to pay if you don't leave your baggage at the station and you can store it at the hotel (or at guest storage at the park entrance if you have a Dream AP) and/or bring it in the bus.

To be constructive, may I suggest you propose a good alternative that naisworld could use rather than just saying what is bad? :)

caspdex

Quote from: stifle on January 05, 2016, 07:27:07 PM
Quote from: caspdex on January 05, 2016, 03:31:05 PM

You seem to like following me to contradict my posts about the TGV, which you're entitled to your opinion on, but you don't need to pay if you don't leave your baggage at the station and you can store it at the hotel (or at guest storage at the park entrance if you have a Dream AP) and/or bring it in the bus.

To be constructive, may I suggest you propose a good alternative that naisworld could use rather than just saying what is bad? :)
[/quote
I contradict you because posting that the trip on the TGV only takes 10 mins, whilst true, doesn't take into account getting to the station at CDG, then finally getting to your final destination at Disny. That coupled with the fact that you don't really know what time you will arrive at the CDG station makes it the very worst choice for new visitors to DLP. It should also be noted that their can be upto 2 hrs between trains. So following your simplistic advice could leave a family arriving at DLP 2hrs after getting into the arrivals hall.
For a private transfer I would recommend Ezyshuttle or ISPrestige. For a cheaper shared transfer try RSTransports. Anyone of them will drop you off at your Hotel, not left at MLV station wondering what to do next,
With regards to luggage storage, I can't see any point in leaving it at your hotel then return to take it to the station,you may as well go back and get your private transfer to pick you up there

Lavi

We used these: http://prestige-transfer.com/
It was a comfortable and hassle free trip from CDG straight to the hotel reception and then back.

seraphelle

I would definitely use the TGV again. Our flight conveniently got in to CDG only 40 mins before the next TGV was due, so we waited for baggage and headed straight there. Grabbed tickets and went down to platform, waiting 5 mins and train arrived. Found seats.
9 minutes later arrived at the station next to Disney Village. Brill. Not sure I would attempt it with young children but mine are old enough to lug their own bags about now so no need for their Dad and me to struggle  :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

caspdex

Quote from: seraphelle on January 06, 2016, 01:29:18 PM
I would definitely use the TGV again. Our flight conveniently got in to CDG only 40 mins before the next TGV was due, so we waited for baggage and headed straight there. Grabbed tickets and went down to platform, waiting 5 mins and train arrived. Found seats.
9 minutes later arrived at the station next to Disney Village. Brill. Not sure I would attempt it with young children but mine are old enough to lug their own bags about now so no need for their Dad and me to struggle  :)
[/quot
You should also be aware that immigration into France is taking a lot longer since the Paris incident, took us 65 mins from landing to finally entering the arrivals hall. We landed at 9.15, would have missed 10.15 TGV, next one is 11.58. No way would I advise anyone that the TGV is the best option. As I have said before it's private shuttle for us, picked up as we enter arrivals, 2 m walk to car then arrive at hotel reception35 mins later.

caspdex

You should also be aware that immigration into France is taking a lot longer since the Paris incident, took us 65 mins from landing to finally entering the arrivals hall. We landed at 9.15, would have missed 10.15 TGV, next one is 11.58. No way would I advise anyone that the TGV is the best option. As I have said before it's private shuttle for us, picked up as we enter arrivals, 2 m walk to car then arrive at hotel reception35 mins later.