New Years 2015/16 (28/12/15-3/1/16)

Started by SwipatronSparks, December 27, 2015, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwipatronSparks

So here we are after a massive 419 sleeps and only 1 more sleep to go... finally.... we are here... its time for our trip to disneyland!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The Trip...

Dates: 28th December 2015 – 3rd January 2016
Hotel: Magic circus (28th) Disney's Sequoia Lodge (29th-3rd)
cast: Me (trip 14), My Mam (trip 13), My sister (trip 14) and My Boyfriend (First trip!)

the plan...
28th we get up very early and get a train to our mainline station to then take a train to Edinbrough where we will be boarding our flight to Charles de Gaulle, on arrival in France we will be catching the TGV train to Disneyland and then catch the bus round to the magic circus hotel where we will be spending our first night.

29th we will wake up have some breakfast and make our way to the Sequoia lodge where we will be staying for the remainder of our stay, the plan will mostly be to pick up our passes and head for the parks after dropping our bags in left luggage as our room probably wont be ready. We will be eating with our half board vouchers in the hotel in either the beavers creek or hunters grill i'm not sure which

30th wake up have breakfast and head for the parks is pretty much as far as our planning for this day has gone, we have planned to eat in the plaza gardens today.

31st again a day with not much planned,we have tickets for the 6:30 showing of buffalow bills wild west show, after which we will head into the park to see in the New Year, we have not yet decided were we will spend it though.

1st is lightly to be a slower day after the full day the day before but the parks are on the agenda and eating in Walts

2nd will be our last full day in the parks so we will probably spend it doing any repeat rides we haven't done yet, any shopping and things like that, and I believe our plan is to eat in Annette's this night.

3rd is our last day  :'( so we will be checking out and heading for the train back to the airport for our flight home.

So thats the pre trip report... the full one will come along complete with pictures and hopefully a video when I get back...

before I go, the last few trips we have been on we have had a 'mascot' for our trip, last trip it was my nana plush, the trip before that it was a plush sandwich called sammmy, this year we have two mascots... meet...
Tiny box Tim...

and Septiceye Sam...

(yes for those of you who recognise them they are the same septiceye sam and tiny box tim who are the... mascots? Of jacksepticeye and markiplier from youtube =]

see you all soon,

and however you are spending your new year I hope you have a good time... all the best for 2016.  :D
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

ilovemainstxxx

Hope you have a great time ....will be thinking of you there and look forward to your report when you get back ...

Have a great new year, all the best for 2016

SwipatronSparks

So I failed at a trip report (again -.- ) because i kinda... didn't actually write my report the way I usually do on my trip... but I digress....

So Disney for new years.... what can i say... well... for starts.... and its kinda starting the whole thing on a down low... but i am repeating what i said after my last trip... never again when its busy.... i bow down to the awesomeness that you guys who do summer trips clearly have because i don't know how you do it.... overall the trip was good but there were sadly some bad times, in fact there were a few bad times, and if this trip hadn't been my 15th trip (basically if i hadn't known better) i would have been seriously put off, i don't know if its just this batch of CM's or what but while the majority of them acted in a way i have come to expect from a CM there was a handful who were just so rude, in fact my sister actually went as far as to go into city hall and complain about one particular CM for the way he spoke to her, i'm not going to go into details because I dont want what will just turn into a litteral rant if i do start going into how certain things were handled while we were there. so i am going to end this here... and post one pictures of my trip... enjoy =]

(PS. if you would like to see some of Sam and Tim's adventure let me know =])

hm.... i took alot of castle pics this trip hehe :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

Slimy yet satisfying

Oh no! Sounds like you didnt have the best time?
We are booked for exactly the same dates this year and are travelling from Scotland also but are hiring a car as we stay off site (booked Dream Castle for NY eve tho so dont have to drive when all the muppets will be on the road!).
Was there anything in particular that you found disappointing?
Any tips?
Travelling party of 2 adults and 2 teenagers this time.
Thanks
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on January 14, 2016, 09:45:50 AM
Oh no! Sounds like you didnt have the best time?
We are booked for exactly the same dates this year and are travelling from Scotland also but are hiring a car as we stay off site (booked Dream Castle for NY eve tho so dont have to drive when all the muppets will be on the road!).
Was there anything in particular that you found disappointing?
Any tips?
Travelling party of 2 adults and 2 teenagers this time.
Thanks

yeah it was a little disapointing but that could have just been from how busy it was (when your used to the parks being very quiet them suddenly being busy can put a downer on things.) as for things in particular that were dissapointing it was mostly as i said just how some of the CM's acted while we were there it really does make a difference when your spoken to like they think your stupid, which i am sad to say one CM did to my sister, his attitude was shocking, also how the CM's handled certin aspects of NYE itself also put a downer on it... also there was just the usual guests as well as we all know there are some people who are just so rude, i am not the tallest person (actually i am on the short side i am only 5 foot 2, so when a 6 foot something, someone comes and stands themselves infront of me 5 minutes before dreams starts when i have stood there for the better part of an hour or in the case of NYE 3 hours then got moved found a new spot then waited another hour and a half, i am not usually best pleased... so yeah a few downers but disney at christmas is a nice time to go and we did have a good time.... just sounds like such a downer of a trip (and for that i apologise)

as for tips....
use fastpass seriously you will need to because everything will have at least a 45 minute wait, the more popular rides (ie. buzz, pirates, peter pan etc. all have 90 min waits easily for most of the day)

expect it to be busy, new years day is a little quieter, but the 29th was probably the busiest day we had of all of them,

its down to what you want to see on NYE for which park you should go to... disneyland park litterly counts down does a few fireworks then shoots straight into dreams, the studios have a proper display, we did the disney park for NYE, if you do this, find a spot, and stay there, i would say get close to the castle or on the curb of central plaza if you can, that way when everyone bunches together at the countdown you can stand on the curb and get a bit more hight on everyone infront of you.

also... book your tables in advance!! because they will fill up!

other than that... have a lovely time, we did, and we will be going back... just when its quieter lol :P

upcoming trips....

True-lifeadventures

That sucks when CM's make such a negative impact on your trip. The parks being busy is always a shame, but you kinda expect it and it makes me happy to see the parks with lots of people in.
We got back at the start of the week and I was actually saying that the CM's were vastly better than previous trips. I've had some really rude people, especially in restaurants, but this time they were super friendly.
Hopefully it was just because it was NYE and they were stressed. I've not been to one myself but i've heard stories of events at DLP and they aren't exactly planned very well, so maybe it's not very fun to work there those nights?!!

Glad you had a good time though. Would you g to NYE again? 
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

SwipatronSparks

yeah the 'its very busy' is the reason we were given for why the CM spoke the way he did, in my opinion its no excuse but anyway its done,we have moved on, and its not stopping future planning for more trips :) because as i said, that was trip number 15 i know what disney is like and i know that maybe it just is this batch of CM's... anyway, to answer your question no i wouldnt go for new years again,not becasue of the bad times, but just because we much prefer it when its quiet =]

upcoming trips....

ilovemainstxxx

hi
sorry to here that there was some bad bits to your trip , but i bet the good bits were great ??
did you boyfriend enjoy his first trip ??
happy planning for your next trip ...
hubby finally came out of hospital yesterday , had to go back in for skin graphs , and has got to go back and two , gutted we had to cancel new year but we now have our holiday to look forward too also ,so something to take our mind off it ..

love your pics and would like to see some of tim and sams adventure also

claire

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on January 17, 2016, 10:19:00 AM
hi
sorry to here that there was some bad bits to your trip , but i bet the good bits were great ??
did you boyfriend enjoy his first trip ??
happy planning for your next trip ...
hubby finally came out of hospital yesterday , had to go back in for skin graphs , and has got to go back and two , gutted we had to cancel new year but we now have our holiday to look forward too also ,so something to take our mind off it ..

love your pics and would like to see some of tim and sams adventure also

claire

yeah the good times were great, despite the downs on the trip (which i have just realised is pretty much all i talked about  :-[ ) the trip was it usual amazingness, i loved ratatouille as that was my first ride on it, and it was good to finally see dreams of christmas (i prefer the regular dreams if i am honest) and seeing the parks and the hotels all dressed for christmas was lovely too =] , it was a trip that was a long time in planning due to my mum being quite poorly alongside it being the first holiday my family had been on where i didnt have to keep dissapearing off back to work. yes my boyfriend enjoyed his first trip and he kinda sees what all the fuss is about...

ps. glad to hear your hubby is on the road to recovery and that your trip is still able to go ahead it will make it all the more special when it finally comes around =]

pps. next trip... June 2016... cant wait XD

upcoming trips....

SwipatronSparks

ok i was going to post Sam and Tims advenure as part of my last post but decided to put it in a seperate one.... so here we go... SepticSam and TinyBoxtim's pictures in disneyland =]

upcoming trips....