Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

@Mirror ball - I wondered if stuff like that would help!  I got Zumba for Wii lol.

@Nao - I feel like that too!  Can't wait to audition again hehe.  How did you get on when you went?

Nao

@Astya: I didn't actually audition before! I'm pretty young so I thought it would be better to wait until I'd actually be 18 in the 6 month-frame haha. But planning to go to Paris because travelling there seems easier for me than to travel to London (especially because I know the place better too). When are you planning on going again? Where are you from? :)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

hattie_jackson

Hi - I was wondering if anyone else was going to London next week for interviews (not for the characters and dancers, but for working in the shops, restaurants and rides etc). I got an email yesterday saying I could sign up for one of the dates online, so I'll be there on the 11th. Just thought it'd be worth seeing whether anyone on here was going to be there as would be nice to have someone to say hi to!

Thanks x

Rex

Don't believe it... been looking for dance lessons in English (living in Spain) for weeks and weeks now.... few days before the audition and I find one when I wasn't looking... typical!!! O well.. at least I know where to go when I return!

@missaerial, mirrorball, charlottewelsh if we all plan to get there at 9 we might just be able to find each other in the door filling out forms? I'll let you know what I'm wearing over the weekend. i'll try to remember my red pen with a dinosaur hanging off it.. that'll help me stand out a bit more, hehe!

I just printed my cv off ... FAIL! I bought photo paper with the idea of printing my photo on one side, cv on the other.. photo came out great :D but the ink wont dry for my cv on the other side!! Will have to print it on normal paper.. gutted! lol!

Think I've got my cowboy pretty down, still lost for a pirate, was thinking of doing sleepy for a dawf but I figure most people will do sleepy and grumpy?!

(so so pleased I found this forum, much less nervous and lost and far more over excited!)
Just think of a wonderful thought..

CharlotteWelsh

Hello!, my very gay friend is coming along with me now as also auditioning so will make it less daunting and also hopefully less chance of getting lost with two of us! also he is such a laugh so think you will spot us easily! haha!
Yes i was thinking of sleepy or grumpy but have decided on sneezy now! just got the other things to work on! but 6 days to go hey! practise practise!, i think is so helpfull that we have been told on here in advance what to expect and what is in the animation part as has gave us more time to prepare! x

Mirrorball

I've already booked my train tickets and I don't get in to Euston until 9.10, so I will probably get to Pineapple for about 9.30.

I'm having the same problem trying to decide on a dwarf - Sleepy was my first thought too but I think he will probably be a popular one, so I'm leaning towards Bashful.

Rex

Yeah, fantastic! My brother is coming with me, but dropping me off at the door and going to find friends he use to go to uni with, I have printed my step by step map out on google to follow :P I think Sneezy would be a good one. Worried that people have said you have to do it really really fast, but hey ho, feeling much more prepared than most people will be now so thats good. So going to mess the dancing up for sure (if I'm lucky enough to go through!)

Rex

@mirrorball - ooo bashful on the spot thought of him, but figured it would be quiet hard?! I'm worried about sleepy being to popular as well. Shame your coming in later but we'll all find each other... somehow! :P

Astya

@Nao - I'm going again at the end of the summer, hoping to go around September cos I have other stuff happening til then and I can save up some money.  I'm from the Midlands so I'll go to London :)  If I don't get through then I might go for a shop job or something.  I don't know how to improve my dancing though, I've been looking for adult dance classes but trying to start learning at 23 isn't that common apparently, and I don't have any dancer friends.  :/

I don't think it matters too much if you do the same dwarf as others.  I did grumpy and still got through, just whatever you do, do it big :D

@Rex - It is fast changing between characters, but if you've listened to the music online it won't be too surprising anyway, and some people won't know in advance what they have to do, etc.  Just try and relax and enjoy it.  I've never done anything like the Disney audition before, so I was really nervous but really it honestly is good fun :)

sineadlemonade

sorry to backtrack but btw @_Natalie_x and @rebecca, did you have to speak much French when you rang them back regarding the text about your contract?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOING FOR CHARACTER AUDITIONS, i'm excited for you all! ^.^

rebecca

Quote from: "sineadlemonade"sorry to backtrack but btw @_Natalie_x and @rebecca, did you have to speak much French when you rang them back regarding the text about your contract?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOING FOR CHARACTER AUDITIONS, i'm excited for you all! ^.^

They couldn't understand my last name (Hibbard is a stupid name hahah) so they switched to English! And I think that Natalie spoke English from the start, so it's okay to do that. They don't mind (: Have you had a text? x

Frostyicing

Quote from: "hattie_jackson"Hi - I was wondering if anyone else was going to London next week for interviews (not for the characters and dancers, but for working in the shops, restaurants and rides etc). I got an email yesterday saying I could sign up for one of the dates online, so I'll be there on the 11th. Just thought it'd be worth seeing whether anyone on here was going to be there as would be nice to have someone to say hi to!

Thanks x

Yes, I am! So excited but nervous arghhh  :P

Rex

@Astya - could you send me a youtube link to the music please?

Astya

@Rex - This should be it!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVWV5H4sAE   I think the actual bit you perform to starts at around 14 seconds in.

Mirrorball

This might sound like a silly question but are we allowed to make any noise during the animation or does it have to be silent miming?