Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrp-mad

I should imagine a uni course will make you very appealing to disney! Although, you'll still probably have to tick the box for ability to speak english/french+.

If it's any concellation, my uncle did a degree in engineering and was focusing on becoming some sort of aerospace thingy. He decided, after visting the park, to become a sound/lighting engineer. He got snapped up by disney because of his qualifications (he took several other certificates in sound/lighting) where he worked happily for five years up until last year when he joined Feld Entertainment's Disney on Ice as the head of sound. Probably an irrelevant story, but just some know how on what the company like.

I'm a musician (Grade 8, Diploma on Piano/Bassoon) so I'm wondering how easy it is to get in on the music side of the park and I'd like to know how you can get into the directing of the show or imagineering. That really appeals to me.

Dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Nicholas-c

cool, well i don't really know French i know how to order food thats about it, but next year at college i will be piggy backing a French course onto my ICT course
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

kurgly_bird

i turn 18 next march and was thinking bout trying out for a CM during the summer season next year cause i won't start uni til october. problem is i won't officially have my french a-level until august. do you think i would still have a shot because i will have an AS level at this time.

x x x

Nicholas-c

im guessing if you say english is your main language they might do a small test to see if you know french or not
July 2009 - All alone

DisneyBud

yes, at the audition i went to, they spoke to some people individually in french

kurgly_bird

x x x

Atlantica

How do you get in contact with Disney to become a Cast member / character ?

I tried the DLRP site, but the castmember bit is in French! I'm OK at French, but not that good.

The traditional English speaking characters like Alice and Wendy seem to be actual English girls. Hmm .. .. how good do you think your French must be?

Thanks if anyone can help!

Poppy The Monkey

In the Character and Parade dept, you don't need to speak ANY French.

It does help though, and basic French is required if you are a face character.

Atlantica

I guess French is the way to go then!  :D

Anonymous

:)

Have you got dreams of being Ariel?

:)

Atlantica

:lol:

Awww I wish!

When I was there last, I enquired about casting etc, and they said if I were to play anyone, it would be Alice or Wendy, due to my 'posh accent'! They told me to come back and audtion. That's why I asked.   :)

Anonymous

Wonder what chance I've got of being the Beast so I can get my own Belle.

:lol:

giorgio1712

I'm thinking about becoming a CM in my gap year before Uni. With some decent GCSE's (including an A* in French) and my A-levels what chance do I realistically have?

Nicholas-c

giorgio i reckon you do, A* in french would really impress them i guess and depends on lots of normal other things from there
July 2009 - All alone

Richard Adams

Quote from: "needmagic"...now for the none facts that you are not told on the day of audition

you will not be told how many contracts there is or what there looking for
you will not be told that you have to pay for travel to disney and you will need money for housing deposit and cart orange which is bus travel until you get contract : eurostar £100 housing £170 cart orange £32

you will not be told which disney housing you will be in untill you get there
you will not be told that you will have to share appartments with other castmember and it could be from sharing with 2 and up to 6 people.

I was told all of this information on my audition day, except the information of where I will be staying, which you find out on your first day.

I think those figures are a little out, too:

My return Eurostar ticket: £85
Accommodation deposit: 200 Euros (This is returned at the end all being well.)
Monthly bus pass (cart orange): 50 Euros
Weekly bus pass: 20 Euros

Quote from: "needmagic"...when you start you will have 45 days start period within that time you can leave if its not for you but please note! thay can send you home if your not what thay want or you break the rules and you will not know until the last minute if you will be staying or not..

Your probation period is 10 days from your start date in the parks and during this time, either party can bring the agreement to a close without warning.

Quote from: "needmagic"...there are 2 forms of contract cdi short term / cdd long term

Actually, the CDD contract is a date-to-date contract. The CDI contract is a contract with no official finishing date. A CDD can still be long-term and a CDI can finish within weeks at your disgretion.

Quote from: "needmagic"there are 3 disney residance for castmembers..
you can take the rer train to val d'europe to get to one of them but most get the bus from the parc peps number 34 service it will take you to all three but first one is

La Boiserie 10mins on bus
La Louisiane 15mins on bus
Les Pléiades 20/25mins from disney but 5mins on the train then you can walk 10mins til you get there..

I have been told there is a fourth - Du Parc. Out of all four, Les Pléiades and Du Parc are the nicest.

Just a few observations. I don't arrive until next week, but the majority of the information above was only given to me last week, so it's pretty up-to-date.

I recommend that everyone goes to an audition, (I went to Leeds) I found it to be a very enjoyable day and while it's easier to say that having been successful, you'll still get something out of it no matter what stage you reach. My tips for the audition:

- Be big - Everything big, from the waves to your biggest, cheesiest grin.
- You don't need to be a good dancer - But you MUST perform everything 110%.
- Be a team member - They hate individuals, so any opportunity to shine should only be taken with the rest of the group.
- Above all, relax and have fun. It really is a fantastic day.

giorgio1712,

Having A Level French is a real bonus. I was lucky enough to be the only boy who spoke French in the afternoon, so it was a huge bonus for the casting director. Don't worry though, they won't test you, but just be honest and don't over-pitch your quality of the language.

You have just as good a chance, if not any better than everyone else. You never know what they want on the day, because so much is dependable on your height, facial features, performance quality etc. They don't make oversights, so if you're right for Disney and if Disney is right for you, they'll show interest.

Let us know how it goes!

Hope this helps!

Richard.