A bit disappointed

Started by darrenwest1, November 30, 2015, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenwest1

Well after a lot of road closures we finally got here at 10:30 his morning. Got passes and headed straight for the park. The security is very high which is reassuring. 
But once you get in the park your greeted by grinding noise and a load of dust floating through the air from the builders repairing the floor. Then in side the main entrance the station is covered by unsightly scaffelholding. They have not even covered it with a themed screen.  Then it got no better   We headed to the area that usually has Santa in with all the wonderful Xmas trees and yet again nothing.
Even in Annette diner there was no dancing and the usual toy for the kids
Comen on Disney
Buck up your ideas.

nathalie

I've never seen them dance at Annette's, and have been there about 8 times in the past 2 years.

rebecca20

I have seen the dancing but I'm talking 6 years ago. In my 19 years of visiting I've never had a toy though...
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Zee79

The only toy we've ever had is the Frisbee, Ive never seen the dance, my brother has, just seen them coming down the stairs on roller boots- heart in my mouth moment.

DLPWonders (Banned)

1. Yes there's a lot of scaffolding at Main Street USA station. It's neccesary.
2. Santa's Village is not there this year, Santa is at the Meet Mickey pavillion. Instead there's Arendelle Market.
3. Annette's Diner only has the Grease dancing when someone complete's a Maxi Incredible Burger.

A little research goes a long way....
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

Oh i did get the frisbee! They used to dance all the time but I guess that's changed. Plus I found it a bit annoying.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Ohana

I found it amazing when I went. The scaffolding did not bother me at all, the magic was still alive. I did not hear any of the noises you complain about. I often find posts like these can worry people who have never been before/not been in a long time as it makes it seem worse than it is.

Before I went some people were saying the green fencing was awful, I was very worried this would ruin the experience but it didn't, like, at all. I was like 'oh there's that green fencing.... is that it?' So as a newbie who visited two weeks ago I can assure people it's actually lovely!

(Not to say your points aren't valid, as I can understand why some people would be annoyed, but come on, it's a great place. Unless there was brown sludge everywhere, or scaffolding on the castle, I don't think anything could ruin it.)

:)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

nathalie

Quote from: Ohana on November 30, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
I found it amazing when I went. The scaffolding did not bother me at all, the magic was still alive. I did not hear any of the noises you complain about. I often find posts like these can worry people who have never been before/not been in a long time as it makes it seem worse than it is.

Before I went some people were saying the green fencing was awful, I was very worried this would ruin the experience but it didn't, like, at all. I was like 'oh there's that green fencing.... is that it?' So as a newbie who visited two weeks ago I can assure people it's actually lovely!

(Not to say your points aren't valid, as I can understand why some people would be annoyed, but come on, it's a great place. Unless there was brown sludge everywhere, or scaffolding on the castle, I don't think anything could ruin it.)

:)

Tottally agree.  Not everyone gets "irritated" by the same things, so it does seem scary to people who have never been/haven't been in a while when someone only mentions the bad things that went on.

Zee79

I think everyone should go with an open mind, people have different opinions.

Sorry to hear about the bad start, its such a bubble burst when what you've been getting excited for doesn't quite live up to it. I hope that your second day is much better darrenwest1.

darrenwest1

The fencing don't bother me.
The dancing has stopped because 1 of the staff hurt them selves apparently. You used to get your meal in a car and a free frisbee. The noise is workers gutting up the concrete pavement.
Thanks.

darrenwest1

Well we spent all day in the Disney studios today and had a great time
The only down side was that while my daughter was in a toilet cubicle some low life scum bag stole her little handbag from under the cubicle wall .
By the time she had got dressed and came out crying the thief had all ready done a runner
I hope that lady that did this has a car crash in the way home
She had been given a new camera the day before as a early Christmas gift.

But other than that we had a great day

rebecca20

Did you report the left? I know Disney take things like that very seriously.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: darrenwest1 on December 01, 2015, 09:43:11 AM
The fencing don't bother me.
The dancing has stopped because 1 of the staff hurt them selves apparently. You used to get your meal in a car and a free frisbee. The noise is workers gutting up the concrete pavement.
Thanks.

That's complete bs.
It hasn't stopped. It's just only been done when someone manages to complete a Maxi Incredible Burger.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

Copied banner from the bottom of the magic forum homepage highlighted section

magicforum - The Disneyland Paris Forum Fan Community • Join the biggest and friendliest English-language Disneyland Paris discussion board to discuss the Disney Parks, Disney Village, Disney Hotels and everything about the Disneyland Paris resort. Talk rides, attractions, restaurants, dining, characters, shopping, merchandise and more!

onceuponadream

Quote from: polar vixen on December 02, 2015, 01:31:35 PM
Copied banner from the bottom of the magic forum homepage highlighted section

magicforum - The Disneyland Paris Forum Fan Community • Join the biggest and friendliest English-language Disneyland Paris discussion board to discuss the Disney Parks, Disney Village, Disney Hotels and everything about the Disneyland Paris resort. Talk rides, attractions, restaurants, dining, characters, shopping, merchandise and more!

I think you raise a good point, polarvixen. DLRP Wonders, I'm not sure why you come on here when it seems like everybody just irritates you. I've seen condescending and downright rude responses from you a number of times on here, and was recently the recipient of one of them. What is there to gain from it?

Back to the thread...

I'm glad most people have been having a good time despite all the work at the moment. Good to know that Disney is trying to make it as unobtrusive as possible!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club