Trip Report November 17-21 2015

Started by Ohana, November 17, 2015, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Hello everyone! I am writing from Santa Fe in my bed as we have arrived in the magic! I wanted to start my trip report as my boyfriend is sparko but I'm too excited to sleep just yet! I also wanted to begin it considering what has been going on recently.

I am also going to point out things I have learned that others may find useful:)

So we awoke at 0700 but set off a bit later than planned as I had some false nails on that were driving me silly so I took ages removing them... Ive still got bits of glue here and there Lol. We arrived at Manchester airport with around 2.5hrs to spare so had a pizza and a drink each. When we flew it was fairly terrifying (my first ever time), I got dizzy once or twice and had really sore ears on the descent into Paris. I won't go into too much detail as I'm sure you all know what flying is like. But we did get free cake and wine!

On arrival we caught our VEA into the parks - we noticed the roads aren't lit up like in England, it felt odd. When we finally arrived the huge Santa Fe sign greeted us. This hotel is excellent, I can't imagine how good the others are! We unpacked, checked in with our family to say we were safe and sorted. (there is WiFi in the hotel room! Was not aware of this so a nice surprise!) we then went to get our ears and autograph book, and a Santa Fe hotel pin, naturally, and were told something very interesting about photo pass plus which we did not know:
* you can buy your pass at the end of your holiday after loading photos onto the free photo pass you're provided with; this means if we don't get many photos at least it's not money wasted, but if we do then we can load them all onto it at the end! Brilliant!

We then took a stroll to the village, and ive got to say, videos, photos, etc, do NOT do this place justice, walking around for the first time is truly magical. Seeing panoramagique with the backdrop of the village of HNY was amazing.everywhere was lit up and Christmas music was merrily playing. We are our tea at a very quiet Annette's diner and my burger was so yummy! Following this we went to world of Disney where I got a lady pillow pal, Donald sweets, Mickey blanket and Duffy tsum tsum! Cast members were playing catch hehe. After this we strolled back, taking in the sights and me being overly excited about tomorrow!

So for anyone questioning whether to still come, do. It's too magical to let anything stop you!

I'll update the rest when I get time, maybe will be when I get home, and I will also update with photos :) thanks for reading!

EDIT: there were also bag scanners in the village, unsure if they were always there but it certainly instills a sense of security :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

bad-pink-tink

great to hear you have arrived. Get some sleep, so you can get up for EMH :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Zee79

Glad to hear you still chose to go. Enjoy yourselves!

petals

If you find a chemist before you go home look for earplanes they help with the pains in the ears on the planes! Enjoy your trip

Zee79

We were told by the air hostess to inhale something like karvol just before you begin your decent & keep inhaling during the decent. My daughter gets it really bad & has nose bleeds because of pressure build up & it works a treat.

michaelj1973

What works for me is chewing gum... Cheap and simple solution  ;D

Zee79

Quote from: michaelj1973 on November 18, 2015, 10:26:26 AM
What works for me is chewing gum... Cheap and simple solution  ;D

I usually suck humbug mints & they work fine but none of the cheap solutions worked for my daughter she is awkward haha, she nearly passed out at one point because they didnt work, the hostesses were fab & told us the karvol trick & no problem since. I would give all solutions a try.

doylers53

Glad to see that you went and are enjoying yourselfs.I am due to go next week.Can I ask you please about the Disney photopass plus,do you get this when you arrive at your hotel or where can you get this as I am really interested in getting it.Thanks and enjoy the rest of your trip :)

stifle

PhotoPass Plus is available from certain stores in the parks such as New Century Notions in Main Street USA or Studio Photo in Front Lot. You can also buy it at any of the attractions that offer on-ride photos, or at your hotel's shop.

rebecca20

Try those weird Vicks stick things (when you get a cold and they have the little portable ones) for your ears. I literally used to be sat in sheer agony (I ended up at the Doctors once as it lasted a week) but it took the edge off. Now I dose up on painkillers, chew gum, inhale my vicks and still usually cry but hey it gets me through. Sleeping tablets also help but not for Paris!!!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.