Due to go to Disney in 3 weeks with Magic Breaks - can we cancel / postpone?

Started by ZeroVakarian, November 16, 2015, 01:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroVakarian

Hello!
Myself and my partner have booked for 2 nights from the 6th Dec, but with the recent news of France's retaliation towards Syria (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/france-drops-20-bombs-islamic-6838318#ICID=FB_mirror_main) we're honestly terrified at the idea of going to France at all.
  We realise statistically it's probably unlikely that anything else will happen - but we just can't see ourselves enjoying the trip and feeling comfortable while there. My partner especially as he has severe anxiety - I might feel better about the situation in 3 weeks but he certainly won't. I already get very anxious while flying, I can't imagine how I'd feel getting onto a plane when I know something has happened so recently.

What I'm trying to find out is what options Magic Breaks (the travel company we've booked with) are providing for people due to travel to Disney Paris. So far I understand that people who were due to travel while Disney is closed have had the option to postpone their trip. But when we phoned up we were told this wasn't possible for us because we're going in December. This was before the reports of France retaliating - which is what has put us on edge even more in fear of some kind of all out attack/war.
If anything we just want to be able to cancel without extra fees - or even be refunded if possible. Alternatively we'd much rather postpone the trip or be able to transfer our ticket to another trip of the same price if that makes sense, since Magic Breaks is part of World Travellers.

I'm also wondering what kind of security measures are actually in place at the parks right now - if anyone there at the moment could let us know to put our minds at ease a little bit.

littlebitofpixiedust

I completely sympathise with you here, we are booked to travel on the 13th... And am really worried after the news of the French bombings.

I have no idea about the company you booked with I'd call them and ask? I will probably do the same if things continue the way they are. I feel sorry for the whole of France right now and DLP because they've got to reopen and paint smiles on their faces after this terrible tragedy. And I am sure they are concerned especially knowing they could be a target next.

The way I'm looking at it is that if things continue the way they are and it results in a war or continuing terror attacks ect the last thing I'll worry about it the holiday or the money. Yes it'd be great to be refunded but In the grand scheme of things I value me and my sons wel l being and life and would count myself lucky.

If things calm down we will be still visiting but I have to say I don't feel like we're going to "The happiest place on earth" right now. I still feel a great amount of heartbreak and sadness for the whole of France, I feel my heart is heavy and am sending thoughts/prayers to the ones who lost their loved ones and the ones recovering from their injuries. Its incredibly sad, we visit DLP 3-4 times a year needless to say I was devastated for the people when I heard.

Let us know how you get on with speaking to Magic breaks  :) but I hope things calm down and you manage to enjoy. 

stifle

The general rule is that unless the foreign office has officially advised against travelling to a destination any cancellation is treated as a change of mind and no refund would be applicable. The same normally applies to travel insurance.

Disney will I understand allow changes to bookings to go on different dates (any difference in price would be payable and you will receive whatever special offers if any are applicable on the day you rebook). However as you have chosen not to book directly you will be bound to whatever terms your travel agency decides to apply and the only way to find out what options you have is to pick up the phone.