Are Christmas Eve festive buffets worth it?

Started by abismummy, November 10, 2015, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abismummy

Im really torn between eating at lunchtime or booking the evening meal. Are they worth the money? What characters entertainment do you get? We are staying at Sequoia so would be nice to stay there but trying to justify the cost. Thanks.

bad-pink-tink

I did a character Christmas Buffet at Manhatten Restaurant Hotel New York Christmas Day 2013. You can read my review, complete with menus here https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15959.0

It cost €69 adult €29 children.

It is a small restaurant so there was lots of character interaction. When we arrived Minnie was going from table to table. Then she came back in her Christmas costume with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale.  They were rotating between us and the larger convention room. They would stay about 15 minutes, be gone for about 20 minutes and then they would come back again. We were seated near the top of the room and were watching all the kids with them. They also went table to table a few times but if you just wanted to eat you could wave them by.

That was my first and only character meal. We are not really interested in the characters and usually don't bother with meet and greets. We did this one meal as it Christmas Day and we wanted to do something different than just eat at a normal restaurant. As a Christmas Day special meal I would do it again, but  I'm not interested in the regular character meals at Inventions, Cafe Mickey etc.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

abismummy

Thank you. I wouldnt mind paying that but I think its more expensive now and think a sit down meal - might be wrong though.