disappointment or not disappointment

Started by Magicpartytime, November 08, 2015, 01:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you often too disappointment of Disneyland Paris ?

Yes
3 (11.1%)
No
24 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: December 08, 2015, 01:56:25 PM

Magicpartytime

Are you often too disappointment of Disneyland Paris ?

bad-pink-tink

I voted YES

I am a regular visitor to Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris to me is a Frenchified Disney, an American style themepark with the cultural, social, behavioural aspects and behaviours of France / central Europe.

I know and understand that many issues come from the fact that Disneyland California is wholly owned by the Walt Disney Company, whereas Disneyland Paris is only partly owned. This has a knock on effect to the level of finance available for everything from park up keep and maintenance to staff levels and training.

Disney to me is American and while it may be unreasonable, I still expect the same high standards of customer service, training and atmosphere as I would in an American park.

I understand that the social, cultural aspects and behaviours are different in Europe, compared to America and that Disneyland Paris  main target audience is central Europe visitors so they modify the experience for their target market.

I have visited twice and I am booked to visit in February. I return as Disneyland is my happy place but I return with far lower expectations than when I visit Disneyland California.

I always advise people to visit Disneyland Paris first , before trying the American parks, so that they don't get disappointed and put off visiting Disney parks

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DLPWonders (Banned)

I've never been disappointed with Disneyland Paris.
Sure it has it's flaws. But each trip I'm only more and more stunned with how alive the magic is.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

chrisvalentine

absolutely not, ive never had a bad experience in all the years ive been going, trip number 78 coming up for in dec ,im 34 and been going since the age of 12, it still has the same magic as the 1st time I went , and by kids enjoy it to.

tigger1974

I voted no - I truly love DLP and it has never let me down. I have visited 14 times and do plan to visit again ASAP.  I would move in if they would let me!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Zee79

The only disappointment I've had is not been able to ride BTM on the last 2 visits.

RockNRoller

Never been disappointed by either of the parks, have been once or twice by the hotels but the staff have always rectified the problem quickly.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

twentythingamabobs

Nope, never! Only disappointment i've ever had with Disney is WDW, made me appreciate DLP all the more. Love the place, can't wait to go back even if all the rides were closed it's still my favourite place.

Mogzee

I've recently returned from my second trip to DLP (first one was June) and the only thing I was slightly disappointed about was the Hotel New York (needs an update).  Each time the cast members have been friendly and helpful.  The characters we met were amazing with my little girl and she was never rushed.  I love the place and can't wait to go back!  It is the only Disney park I have been to though...

petals

I agree with bad-pink-tink

The last time I was there I had several encounters with rude people, including CM's.
People attempted to skip lines, take seats in restaurants and even pushed me off the footpath to try get in front of me for a show.
The toilets were all filthy and stinking.
There was rubbish floating in the water in Small World
Character meets were a complete joke
and the pin trading was just weird to say the least. It completely drained the magic away.
I don't accept being "european" as an excuse for this because it costs nothing to be polite, wait your turn and not throw your rubbish over the side of a boat!

Saying all that though I am giving the place another chance next year so maybe it will be better then.