Sponsering AP

Started by Bear84, November 04, 2015, 06:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear84

It's my first year holding an AP (have a Francilien pass) so I've no idea how the whole sponsoring thing works but I'm going next month and a friend will also be there with her BF so i've offered to sponsor them for their AP's.
How exactly does it all work? do they but they AP at the gate? buy a day ticket then upgrade at the AP office with me with them for their 10% off and where do I get the form we all need to fill in? at least i've read a form needs to be filled in by us both.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

stifle

First of all make sure that the first day they arrive isn't a blackout day of your Francilien pass.

If you meet them outside the park, the three of you would go up together to the ticket booths. You show your existing AP and they will pay the discounted price of the APs they require. The cast member will issue them temporary paper passes which can be used once at the park gates.

If you don't meet them outside the park, they buy one day tickets from the ticket booths and go in as normal.

Either way, you then all need to go together to the Bureau Passeport Annuel where they will fill in the paperwork and sign the terms and conditions. At that stage they will pay any balance due and you will get the sponsorship form stamped for each new guest.

Forms are available at the BPA (depending on stock) and also on the French DLP website. A link is available in the newsletter email you get from time to time.

Bear84

Thank you

First thing i checked was blackout days as I can only make it for one day and luckily is the day she gets there so no problems :)

Thats great help, is there an advantage to doing one of the other (getting ticket on gate and upgrading or buying AP straight away?)
So the AP office doesn't always have the forms? I've not received any newsletter email since having my pass in august :(

NCC1701Q

Both have advantages and disadvantages:
- buying them at the ticket booth with you present means there is less time needed at the BPA to sort out the amount due and paying it, but means you have to be present at both ticket booth AND BPA;
- buying daypasses and subtracting that amount from the amount due means you don't have to be at the ticket booth  but that will take a bit longer at the BPA.

Our family has sponsored 12 people in total, we always printed out the form at home and always got a new one (on glossy paper) at the BPA. The old form was valid till November 2nd so I have no link for the current one.
However - even in the slight chance that the BPA has run out - your sponsorship is also stored in your AP-file so there is no need to worry you might not be able to sponsor your friends.

A&S&O

The main advantage of the people you are sponsoring buying a day ticket and then upgrading is that you don't have to be with them at the park entrance. This probably doesn't affect you if you are friends and will be arriving together.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Bear84

Thanks for all the advice, decided to go with the day ticket then upgrade as we've booked different Eurostar trains and they'll be arriving later in the afternoon and I'm only there for a day so means wasting less time, I hope. Just so I can advice them, can they buy any 1 day ticket or should they just buy it on the gate? and does it matter if it's 1 park or 2 park ticket?

Incase anyone else needs it, heres the link to the new form (hope you all have better luck reading it than me haha, I've no idea what I'm meant to fill in apart from name and address I can understand haha http://idf-parc.disneylandparis.fr/content/FR/FR/Locale/system/images/bon-parrainage.pdf

NCC1701Q

It can be just any dayticket (1 or 2 parks).
If you need any help with the french-english translation let me know - I might be able to help you.

stifle

Any day ticket bought direct from Disney is fine. Tickets from 3rd parties should be OK too but it isn't as certain.

A&S&O

There's no point in shopping around for the day ticket, as whatever the cost, it will be deducted from the cost of the AP.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?