Highs and lows (Just got back!)

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, October 11, 2015, 11:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Back to REALITY.... Thud!

Ok so just got back literally couple hours ago, and overall fantastic trip. I'm not going to detail each day but rather the highs and lows as this visit had a real mix.

Highs

*Sequioa lodge-standard accessible room, good no issues with hotel at all lovely Welcome in reception. We had room 101 in Yellowstone lodge near the pool.
*Surprise  character meets, we don't usually visit over a weekend but noticed "extra" characters today and yesterday my son met Abu in adventureland  ;D last night! Peter pan in fantasyland yesterday they both did high fives so cute! And today 6/7 dwarfs! Was incredibly surprised we've never seen the dwarfs out ever. Nor Abu! And only see Peter in passing before.
*Great weather NO RAIN which is wonderful
*Haloween decor was marvellous as usuall, both parades great
*My Son now love pirates!!!!! That for me is a big high
*last but CERTAINLY not least is my upmost appreciation for the cast members at DLP now I've always experienced very good staff, but they went above and beyond! Two cast members in particular from the star tours attraction were ever so enthusiastic and one offerd the chance to go BEHIND THE SCENES and watch the ride in action.
WOW! Absoloutly splendid, never thought it worked like that my son was in his element and it really made our day we wasn't allowed to photograph but it really was a pleasure being that it's one of my sons "new found favourites"

I am going to email Disneyland Paris to comment and name those cast members and express my thanks to those that were especially helpful and friendly and of course the guys from star tours.

Lows

*So many green fences, yes I knew there would be but it really does take away some of the beauty I understand they are improving things but still it wasn't a pretty sight
*Breakdowns, and more breakdowns  :( ok I know it's not their fault, and of course I was patient but I seriously have never, EVER experienced so many on any visit. Yesterday Pirates and BTM were down at the same time. The park was busy and I really felt for the staff people where Queing quite some way for city hall shouting ect. Really isn't nice to hear..... Today we got to Pirates for 10am and waited and waited and finally I spoke to a cast member that told me the ride "wasn't ready" and to go back around 12 I was desperate for my little boy to go again and thankfully they got it up. The magic carpets in the studios/cars ride both broke down yesterday and the carpets stayed down for a long time I'm assuming until closing. Buzz also yesterday the que got up to 70 mins and that qas the evening! We popped back to hope the carpets were open today they was  ;D but as we waited for the cars ride it broke down AGAIN! Peter pan today for some time also.

Maybe usually you wouldn't notice as much, but with all the refurbs going on you notice. The ques get higher, all you hear is shouting and cast members looking incredibly nervous. I really wish people had more decency than to shout abuse Infront of others including children. The staff really had their work cut out for them and I think they're treated appallingly to be honest.
*My nan being unwell and spending most of the time in her room with my grandad bless her!

Anyway we had a great time despite some issues, I'm hoping DLP have a better week and get these technical problems addressed before Haloween kicks in or I'm afraid they'll be more of the above.

Zee79

Glad you had a good time despite everything you experienced. I do feel for cast members at times as well. I can understand peoples frustration but why take it on those at entrances to rides, they can't do anything.

HildeKitten

I'm really glad I went when I did, even though it was incredibly busy. At least the green fences were still at a total minimum and the breakdowns weren't that horrible.
To be honest I'm going to give going in 2016 a miss and wait 'till they have everything up and running again. I know there are a lot of other things to do than rides, but I primarily go for the rides and taking photos. Closings and green fences are thus not doing me any favors XD

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Zee79 on October 11, 2015, 11:05:48 PM
Glad you had a good time despite everything you experienced. I do feel for cast members at times as well. I can understand peoples frustration but why take it on those at entrances to rides, they can't do anything.

I think people forget their manners and there's just no need for it and it spoils the atmosphere for other guests it's disneyland remember smile people  :D

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: HildeKitten on October 12, 2015, 01:08:34 PM
I'm really glad I went when I did, even though it was incredibly busy. At least the green fences were still at a total minimum and the breakdowns weren't that horrible.
To be honest I'm going to give going in 2016 a miss and wait 'till they have everything up and running again. I know there are a lot of other things to do than rides, but I primarily go for the rides and taking photos. Closings and green fences are thus not doing me any favors XD

We're going feb 2016 and usually I go again, usually twice a year not sure I will next year I know they're improving things but it really affected the overall experience more than I thought it would. I feel for the cast members during this Time they're getting a lot of stick from angry guests and it must be very unpleasant right now.