6th birthday surprice for fussy eaters..

Started by garybrett, October 06, 2015, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garybrett

Hello there, we are taking our 2 daughters for their first disney experience on 25th October for 3 nights we have the fantasy pass, does this allow us EMH & fast pass does anyone know?

Also both girls are off the scale fussy eaters and refuse to eat when we are out which is going to cause a bit of an issue, luckily we are staying at Hotel Elycee in Val De Europe so plenty of choice I hope! With that in mind I cant really do a special surprise for her birthday of breakfast/lunch with the princesses or even the wild west show, does anyone know of any other things I may be able to do to make the day even more special, are there any hidden little gems or tips anyone could share?

Thank you

Zee79

As annual pass holder you are entitled to EMH & fast passes.

Will your girls eat MacDonald's? There is one in the village if they would eat it.

Call into city hall & explain its a birthday & they should give you badge or sticker something like that. There are face paints if OK with that so can have a princess face paint or I think people have mentioned a princess makeover think it's in the Disney hotel that you can book. Can anyone verify this please? I've not done it myself so I may be mistaken.

rebecca20

Princess for a day is in the Disney Hotel - left hand side as you go up the centre staircase. In my personal opinion the hair styles look terrible (as do the Florida ones) but if I was younger I would probably have loved them. They just seem far too simple for the money but I guess its the disney magic you're paying for. There's various packages depending on whether you want the whole outfit or not.

For fussy eaters I personally wouldn't recommend Auberge as it is quite fancy food (I had the childrens menu and even that wasn't super basic). If the children like chips and burgers and you want to go a bit more classy than McDonalds try Annettes or Planet Hollywood. It all depends on what you mean by fussy and what foods they will eat at home.

For the Wild West Show the food is even more restricted than Auberge unfortunately. I've never eaten the food as it's too fancy but they do have lots of meats.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Jo68

Hi we took our fussy eater daughter for her birthday too.
So no we couldn't do mickey s cafe or princess dining either.
We did go to rainforest cafe and she picked as she normally does.
We made more of a fuss with the bedroom we took our own balloons banners birthday cake and once asleep we went to work decorating the bedroom we blu tacked birthday cards to door frames.
We went into the town hall were we told them it was her birthday she was given a birthday sticker and also a phone call from Mickey Mouse. When we met any of the characters we told them it was her birthday and she had lots of birthday wishes in her autograph book and tigger got everyone singing happy birthday to her, so we feel that she had an amazing birthday without wasting a lot of money of uneaten food.
Hope you all have a lovely time and happy birthday princess.

HildeKitten

Maybe it would be a good idea to tell us what kind of foods your daughters do eat/like.
That's the best guarantee that someone will be able to give you good advice/suggestions :)

Also, check out the DLRP guide website, they have a lot of menus on there page, and then you can do some research yourself about what could be a good place to take them :)

garybrett

Hi everyone sorry for delay in responding, I didnt receive an email so thought no-one had :)

Anyway thanks for the wonderful tips and information, especially City Hall she would like that I think. At the moment they eat cheese sandwiches, cheese wraps, homemade thin pizza, spag bol, ham & maybe at a push some pasta. They will eat McDonalds chips but wont touch anything else. Grim isn't it..

I may just have to visit Auchan each day, and hope they will eat crisps and baguettes, try and make a salad up in the room of grapes, cheese, ham, cucumber etc, last think I want is for the holiday/birthday to be ruined due to lack of energy..

Found a little pizza place (Pizzeria de roma) round the corner that will let us bring a cake in with candles too.

Thank you

HildeKitten

There's some places that do spag bol, so thats something at least :)

If they eat McDo chips, I'm guessing they'll eat chips at the other counter service restaurants too :)

rebecca20

I don't know if it will help but in Bella Notte they have a Mickey pizza - my godson refuses to eat normal pizza but a mickey head shaped one and he was sold  ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

garybrett

Thanks again, as we are driving via Eurotunnel, am I able to pack the car out with food in cooler boxes, I'm not thinking taking the fridge  :o, just butter, cheeses, yoghurts, hams, english milk etc? This would at least guarantee they will eat something familiar whilst we are there?

Not sure what customs regulation are like for Eurotunnel?

Zee79

We've had no problem taking food across, we stayed in an apartment one year & took bacon, sausages etc & nothing was said, they even check the car.

stifle

Quote from: garybrett on October 09, 2015, 03:17:37 PM
Thanks again, as we are driving via Eurotunnel, am I able to pack the car out with food in cooler boxes, I'm not thinking taking the fridge  :o, just butter, cheeses, yoghurts, hams, english milk etc? This would at least guarantee they will eat something familiar whilst we are there?

Not sure what customs regulation are like for Eurotunnel?
Broadly, there are none. You can bring almost whatever you like as it is within the EU.