All this closures and refurbishment :(

Started by vuk, September 17, 2015, 09:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuk

I'm very, very disappointed of all closures in DLP! I saved money for many years on this long trip to DLP. I saved on food, clothing, to everyone. And now all closed earlier than announced - a Railroad with all stations Thunder Messa and drained the lake (it should be up later), Frozen Village (I knew Frozen show, but apparently will be closed and the village in Frontierland - why ??), small world, everywhere scaffolding and tarps in the DLP and WDS ... :(

Very very bad for me all this things. And what have until October to come?  I'm scared every day, which announces a new block.

What is there now look forward to many days trip? Poor entertainment, poor photo and video footage .... :(

Mileto

Don't take all this negative feelings berofe your trip. I can understand about your anger, but ... there are still many things to be explored and seen. You have the Halloween with all its charm.

Frozen show and village was never promised to be there at the time of your travel.

Big thunder mountain is still working, you could ride it as much as you want, I am jelous here.

It's not only the Railroad and Thunder Mesa that make the magic. Put your pink glasses and have fun!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

pasxalis1987

Quote from: vuk on September 17, 2015, 09:10:43 AM

I'm very, very disappointed of all closures in DLP! I saved money for many years on this long trip to DLP. I saved on food, clothing, to everyone. And now all closed earlier than announced - a Railroad with all stations Thunder Messa and drained the lake (it should be up later), Frozen Village (I knew Frozen show, but apparently will be closed and the village in Frontierland - why ??) everywhere scaffolding and tarps in the DLP and WDS ... :(

Very very bad for me all this things. And what have until October to come?  I'm scared every day, which announces a new block.

What is there now look forward to many days trip? Poor entertainment, poor photo and video footage .... :(

Hi.
I can feel your disapointment cause i am saving money as well in order to be there and have some of the attractions closed.
But i am sure that you will have a great time over there. You do not have to worry about a thing. I was disapointed to see that BTM will be closed for a looooooong period of time, but hey(!), there are other cool attractions to visit!Also there's the Studios park with Ratatouille, Crush's coaster, Aerosmith, Tower of Terror.....Also you can do some window shopping, take a bunch of photos....!!!!
There will be a lots of things to see and to do. Do not worry about a thing.

Also, you can check the refurbishment schedule through their website. You can click on each day, from today u to early December 2015 and you will be informed about which attractions will be closed on your selected days.

hope the above helps....

Keep up the magic!!!!!  ;D

Zee79

Don't be disappointed, being there is magic in itself. I agree that there is a lot of attractions closing all at once and this shouldn't be the case but some do need a major over haul. The last two times we have been we have been unable to ride BTM, it was open but always shut due to it breaking down yet we still loved our times there. Look on the bright side of being in Disney and you will have a great time, a lot of trips & holidays are what you make of it. Enjoy  :)

vuk

Thank you all for your answers!

I hoped that at least Frozen village will be open - is there any reason to close when it's just a walk-through attraction?

When I'm there in early October, it will be closed and Casey Jr and boats ... But it's not just ride attractions. I love to enjoy the view and the atmosphere of the park, which will now be disrupted everywhere. When I was booking my trip (August) was announced less than half of these things.

If only added more new shows for Halloween ...

I still hope that you enjoy it, but it goes in my joys. However, you understand. I need to write about it for pain relief.

musicaljojo

I can understand this, we are/were planning to go to DLP in march for our honeymoon, but now another ride has been announced, so when we go BTM, steamboat, the family robinson tree house, star tours, peter pans flight and now possibly the rock and roll coaster will be closed.

It has now put serious doubt in my head whether or not to go as we haven't booked yet, my other half says it's only a handful of rides that are closed and there's the rest of the park to enjoy but I've never been before so I'm worried that the whole experience will be ruined because of this, please can anyone reassure me who's been when there are fences up that it doesn't ruin the atmosphere?

vuk

Quote from: musicaljojo on September 17, 2015, 11:23:41 AM
I can understand this, we are/were planning to go to DLP in march for our honeymoon, but now another ride has been announced, so when we go BTM, steamboat, the family robinson tree house, star tours, peter pans flight and now possibly the rock and roll coaster will be closed.

It has now put serious doubt in my head whether or not to go as we haven't booked yet, my other half says it's only a handful of rides that are closed and there's the rest of the park to enjoy but I've never been before so I'm worried that the whole experience will be ruined because of this, please can anyone reassure me who's been when there are fences up that it doesn't ruin the atmosphere?

Hello. I speak for themselves. I do not like these green ploty- completely destroy the atmosphere of the place.

Empty lake in the middle Frontierland, closed BTM, nothing except Phantom Manor ... If I could, I canceled my booking for this trip. And wait for 2017 - sooooo looong.

I am tottaly scary about my October trip. I hope that BTM will not close earlier than planned as a lake? :(

bad-pink-tink

oh for goodness sakes, all this doom and gloom...

sometimes I think people over hype Disney and have such high expectations before their trip, that the reality, no matter how magical, will ever live up to the fantasy in their heads.

When you go to Disney, its not all about the rides, its an all inclusive resort. You get the characters, the theming, higher quality merchandise and more selection than a regular Disney store. If you just want thrill rides, go to a generic roller coaster park.

Disney is open 365 days of the year, unlike generic roller coaster parks which close for the winter. This means that they HAVE no option but to close rides when the park is open.

For the last number of years , everyone has been complaining about the lack of maintenance, the rides which need updating etc etc. Now when they are finally investing in the park and doing the upgrades, people STILL complain.

Which is it, people, you want the upgrades BUT you dont want closures... shakes head!!
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

vuk

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on September 17, 2015, 03:18:40 PM
oh for goodness sakes, all this doom and gloom...

sometimes I think people over hype Disney and have such high expectations before their trip, that the reality, no matter how magical, will ever live up to the fantasy in their heads.

When you go to Disney, its not all about the rides, its an all inclusive resort. You get the characters, the theming, higher quality merchandise and more selection than a regular Disney store. If you just want thrill rides, go to a generic roller coaster park.

Disney is open 365 days of the year, unlike generic roller coaster parks which close for the winter. This means that they HAVE no option but to close rides when the park is open.

For the last number of years , everyone has been complaining about the lack of maintenance, the rides which need updating etc etc. Now when they are finally investing in the park and doing the upgrades, people STILL complain.

Which is it, people, you want the upgrades BUT you dont want closures... shakes head!!

I'm talking about changing plans at the last minute. When I'm booking for next month (
and I spend all the money I saved it for many years), with the Thunder manage to closing Messa and today they write that they are closing, it's killing me! I was very much looking forward to it! I believe that even BTM conclude earlier than planned. Frontierland is now completely dead - complete with functional Phantom Manor.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: vuk on September 17, 2015, 03:33:05 PM

I'm talking about changing plans at the last minute. When I'm booking for next month (
and I spend all the money I saved it for many years), with the Thunder manage to closing Messa and today they write that they are closing, it's killing me! I was very much looking forward to it! I believe that even BTM conclude earlier than planned. Frontierland is now completely dead - complete with functional Phantom Manor.

THATS what I mean about over hyping before the trip! One of my favourite rides which has personal meaning to me is Peter Pans Flight. This year when I went to Disneyland California it was closed and now in February it will be closed in DLP. In June, sure I missed going on it, sure I wish it was open, but it did not spoil my enjoyment of the park.

the whole woe is me, my favourite ride is not open during my visit, my trip will be ruined, I hate Disney, Im never going back attitude is just over reacting!
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

polar vixen

There are plenty of thigs to enjoy even if rides are closed  however we were there last week and the green boards evrywhere (frontierland to adventureland, its a small world, near city hall, running alond between small world and discoveryland, main entrance at the studios, I could add more, and the scaffolding around small world which could be seen when you were looking from the opposite side of the castle) did have a bit of a downer impact when wandering the parks purely because there was just sooooo much of it. Yes loads to to enjoy but visually it was less magical.

twentythingamabobs

I can understand being disappointed your favourite rides/attractions will be closed - we are going at Christmas and I am so sad that BTM will not be open - but I still cannot wait to be in DLP again! It's so much more than just rides! Especially if going in October, the whole place will be buzzing with Halloween-ness, it'll still be amazing and you will have plenty of lovely photo opportunities :) The only thing I can imagine would slightly dampen my spirits would be if there were TONS of green screens everywhere that you couldnt escape. But i'm sure that wont be the case

glenn

I have just come back and there were a few rides closed that were not scheduled,but that didn't,t really annoy me,but what was annoying was restaurant closures.In the Disneyland park the only table service
that was open was the silver spur steak house.
Only two counter service restaurants were open,casey,s corner and Hyperion.
In the village only Annette's diner and cafe Mickey.
It seems to me that Disney are forcing you to eat where they want you to eat.
We have been going every year since 1994 and menus in restaurants got so small that there is no where near
as much choice as there use to be.

HildeKitten

Wait, is the lake already drained?
I thought they weren't draining it 'till AFTER they closed down Big Thunder Mountain for the refurb.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

glenn

The lake and river boat was open Wednesday.