Head Restraint?

Started by vuk, September 11, 2015, 09:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuk

Hello, I want to ask about your experience. It's better to keep your head down when you start to Space Mountain and Rock n Roller? Or to have it resting on the palm? How To Prevent Headaches, please?

Discovery_Mountain

Contrary to what the sign says, lean your head forward off the head rest.

The uncomfortable ride is mainly caused by the cars rattling (then transferring the rattle straight to your head) and then hitting the side off your head on the restraints.  So like I said if you keep your head forward its very manageable and try and anticipate the corners and inversions so you know which way your head is going to be pushed and you can counter it.

Rock n Roll a Coaster is still pretty smooth and you can see most of the track to know which way to lean your head.

Space Mountain can be a bit tricky as you can't really prepare for the turns and inversions unless you know the track. The cutback at the end can be very shakey.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

stifle

Agreed on R&RC, mostly. My method is to rest back against the headrest (but smile and look a little right and up for the camera) at launch so that you have something to brace against for the 5G sea serpent loop, then keep my head clear for the rest. It is a way smoother ride. I even consider it less "intense" than Crush's Coaster which is about the only ride in the resort that I won't go on.

Space Mountain is just messy and hard to mitigate most ways.

vuk

Quote from: Discovery_Mountain on September 11, 2015, 09:43:02 PM
Contrary to what the sign says, lean your head forward off the head rest.

The uncomfortable ride is mainly caused by the cars rattling (then transferring the rattle straight to your head) and then hitting the side off your head on the restraints.  So like I said if you keep your head forward its very manageable and try and anticipate the corners and inversions so you know which way your head is going to be pushed and you can counter it.

Thank you! I tried it in the past, but often has a head start when you hit the arm and it hurts even more than it is from scratch on the arm. When driving, you can not keep your head from the rest.

vuk

Quote from: stifle on September 12, 2015, 10:38:17 AM
Agreed on R&RC, mostly. My method is to rest back against the headrest (but smile and look a little right and up for the camera) at launch so that you have something to brace against for the 5G sea serpent loop, then keep my head clear for the rest. It is a way smoother ride. I even consider it less "intense" than Crush's Coaster which is about the only ride in the resort that I won't go on.

Space Mountain is just messy and hard to mitigate most ways.

Thank you! you mean something like this?

stifle

No I just mean the part of the seat where you're meant to put your head. I don't know if accessories like that are allowed.