29th August - 1st September 2015 Newport bay, magical trip!

Started by mdw, September 08, 2015, 11:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdw

Hi everyone, gutted to be home, but we had a fantastic time. Thank you everyone for all of your posts, I planned and planned and planned and it all paid off.

So day 1...... ..this was our 3rd trip, we have driven, gone on the train but this time we flew from Southampton to Orly. Alarm went off 5:30am! Woke the girls up, they leapt out of bed, disney tshirts on, my dad took us to the airport (10min journey), straight through to departures, all hand luggage, boarded 6:40am, landed in orly 8:10am (50min flight!!!), onto the magical shuttle......at Newport bay reception by 10am (11am French time). We checked our reservations and made one for Remy for an hours time, loved that. Dropped off our bags and walked to the parks. We always do studios day 1 because I love seeing the Castle for the first time early in the morning day 2. Anyway.... We popped to world of disney in the village to get autograph books. Then off to studios, first shop on left to buy caps and disney photopass. Straight to Remy restaurant, I loved the way the waitress spoke to the children about shrinking down to the size of her boss. They were sucked in and amazed by the decorations. We used our plus vouchers, the meals were lovely, my steak was perfect! The queue for the ratatouille ride was huge and it was boiling hot. We decided to do the Tram tour first, girls were a bit scared but were positive afterwards. We then went to watch animagique,  we all love this, good old sing song and a dance. Queued for magic carpets buuuuuut it broke down. Cars next, then slinky dog, off to watch the stunt show- my youngest who is jst 6 saw posters of men on fire and got herself in a bit of state so we left after 5/10mins, disappointed but it had been a long day so we whizzed off for a snack (used vouchers). We tried to watch stitch but they didn't have any English shows left so we decided to stroll through shops on the way back to our hotel. We collected our bags and was given a room on the 2nd floor behind the pool, quite a walk but it was very quiet, didn't hear or see anybody our whole trip!

Off to bed. Not sure how to add pics but will add more in the next few days.

littlebitofpixiedust

Sounds like a great first day! Apart from your little one getting scared at the stunt show, but can see why! It's a brilliant show but the fire element is abitscary for children. Also as you know used in the studio tram tour and probably frightens little ones too!

Havnt stayed in the Newport since its refurbishment Ive heard it's lovely!