Advice for eurostar please??

Started by vickki87, September 03, 2015, 12:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vickki87

Hello, I'm traveling to disneyland by eurostar on 1st november. Just wondering with all the trouble on news about eurostar atm, will it affect the direct eurostar disney trains??? any advice will be great. We are traveling from ashford :) xx

stifle

The situation is changing from day to day so I wouldn't even like to predict what the situation will be next week never mind in two months' time. In all likelihood you'll be fine.

chicks99

I got the Eurostar Monday and yesterday from Paris. All was fine. :)

The manager stated delays are possible but it's a day to day thing and they will take care of it :)

haribosmum

I would just make sure you have water and snacks etc and layers of clothes to take off or add on should there be any delays with the train x
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

haribosmum

I've just received an email from Eurostar about the action they're taking:

Dear Traveller,

I wanted to personally update you on last week's disruption to Eurostar services in the Calais area, and more importantly, the urgent actions Eurostar and our industry partners are taking to ensure we can provide a reliable service.

You will have undoubtedly seen media coverage about disruption near to the Channel Tunnel in recent months, which until last week has primarily impacted Eurotunnel's lorry shuttle and freight operations. Unfortunately, on the evening of the 1st September, Eurostar services were also affected as trespassers led to the temporary closure of the high speed line in the Calais Frethun area. Six Eurostar services were heavily delayed whilst the authorities ensured the safe removal of people from the tracks and in turn secured the infrastructure to allow the safe passage of our trains.

Following this incident, we have been working very closely with our infrastructure partners to ensure that immediate measures are put in place to protect our services. These include:

•  SNCF and French police increasing their resources in the area of the high speed tracks we use, and having a fast track response process if trespassers are seen in the area of our tracks;
•  Undergrowth cleared from around our tracks making it more difficult for trespassers to hide - this work has already been undertaken;
•  Additional fencing being built by Eurotunnel to protect the high speed lines in this area.

Together these measures significantly reduce the risk of future disruption, and improve the speed of response should this kind of incident happen again.

Rest assured we and our partners are working hard to ensure we can deliver the dependable service that you expect from us.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Petrovic

CEO, Eurostar

Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

vickki87

Thank you all for your replies hopefully will be fine :) Gonna pack some snacks etc in case :)

RockNRoller

Im a bit worried about this too but as we don't travel till end of November they have a bit more time to sort things out. we always take snacks with us and this year we're taking a few games in case. Just last night, through the post, arrived Disney/Pixar top trumps and a pack of Disney playing cards. That should see us through any delays I reckon.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"