Transfer from airport

Started by Siobhan82, August 30, 2015, 07:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan82

Hi we have booked to go next May but it does not include transfers when we were there this year the magic shuttle was included in our price. I am looking for people's opinions on the private transfers vs magic shuttle. It's for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Thanks

caspdex

Private shuttle is far better, and for larger groups often cheaper. No waiting and taken straight to where you want to go and I would doubt if any other transfer would be quicker.

stifle

I would suggest the TGV if the timetable suits your arrival times. It takes merely 9 minutes from terminal 2E and the fare one way for 2 adults and 2 kids is from €54 if booked in advance.

adrian.zerafa

Take a private transfer. We once went with VEA and it was a terrible experience. You pay 60 Euros for 3 people using VEA and it is so crowded on the coach. Besides it takes very long to arrive at destination. We wanted to go from CDG to Adagio. First we waited for some 30 minutes near the VEA area at CDG that is quite a walk with luggage and after a flight and then some other 45 minutes drive dropping people at the various Disney hotels. We were then dropped at Chessy Station and made it to the hotel through the 50 Bus. We will never use VEA again. We now use a private transfer  that picks us up from the airport. They phone us a day ahead to make sure all is ok and when we get out of the arrivals we find them all ready to take us straight and direct to our hotel in an lovely air conditioned car...for the same price of VEA. So go for private transfer. It is much much better!! The service I now use is http://www.isprestige.com/

Siobhan82

Thanks for all you help will defo look into private transfers as my daughter has special needs so think this would be best option.

caspdex

Quote from: stifle on August 31, 2015, 02:40:45 AM
I would suggest the TGV if the timetable suits your arrival times. It takes merely 9 minutes from terminal 2E and the fare one way for 2 adults and 2 kids is from €54 if booked in advance.
Absolute rubbish, once you add getting to the station, waiting on the train and getting to your hotel at DLP , it is more than likely the slowest method of transfer. And if you miss your booked train because your flight is late, you may end up waiting upto 2 hrs for the next one and ,have to pay again.

stifle

Quote from: caspdex on September 01, 2015, 04:21:21 AM
Absolute rubbish, once you add getting to the station, waiting on the train and getting to your hotel at DLP , it is more than likely the slowest method of transfer. And if you miss your booked train because your flight is late, you may end up waiting upto 2 hrs for the next one and ,have to pay again.

I'm afraid that is just your opinion. I have used the TGV a number of times and I have found it excellent especially compared to listening to kids yelling and screeching for an hour on the Magic Shuttle. Yes, I am usually in HNY and fly to CDG T2C so it meets my requirements better than perhaps yours, but that does not make my opinion "absolute rubbish".

Komble

Quote from: stifle on September 01, 2015, 09:53:52 PM

I'm afraid that is just your opinion. I have used the TGV a number of times and I have found it excellent especially compared to listening to kids yelling and screeching for an hour on the Magic Shuttle. Yes, I am usually in HNY and fly to CDG T2C so it meets my requirements better than perhaps yours, but that does not make my opinion "absolute rubbish".

Mind if I ask a quick question, Stifle?

We are going to pre-book the TGV for our upcoming trip... How long do you think we would need to allow to get off the plane & to the platform? It would be just me and my partner with no luggage, just hand luggage... Sorry if it's a difficult question to answer, it's just you said you've used it a number of times :D (We will be flying into CDG, too!)

caspdex

Quote from: stifle on September 01, 2015, 09:53:52 PM
To say it is the quickest option is absolute rubbish for any number of reasons, and to recommend it for first time visitors without knowing what terminal they are arriving in, or which hotel they are heading to is not good advice.
Have you ever tried a private shuttle where you can be at your hotel within 40 mins of getting your luggage with no waiting on trains , buses etc.
The 9 mins on the TGV is only one element of a 3 part journey, so to keep repeating that it is the quickest transfer is absolute rubbish.

MattR

Quote from: Komble on September 02, 2015, 02:12:14 AM
Mind if I ask a quick question, Stifle?

We are going to pre-book the TGV for our upcoming trip... How long do you think we would need to allow to get off the plane & to the platform? It would be just me and my partner with no luggage, just hand luggage... Sorry if it's a difficult question to answer, it's just you said you've used it a number of times :D (We will be flying into CDG, too!)

It depends on where you are coming from (Shengen, non Shengen), which Airline, if you arrive at a Terminal or if you need a bus transfer ...

If you arrive with Airfrance from a Shengen flight at a terminal stop and you are sitting in the front rows, no checked in bags and it is not a couple of days before christmas or someone is on strike then you can make it in 15 minutes.

Mileto

Komble, as MattR said, it depends a lot on the terminal where you are landing. We often come from Munich and always land on terminal 3. This means that we have to catch an internal train shuttle from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2. It's not a long journey, but it takes time, especially if you are new at the CDG airport. Then at Terminal 2 there is time needed to study the signs and find the direction to TGV. It possible to check all this prior to the travel on internet.

Now you can check similar flights from ... to and see which Terminal has been used. It will not change.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

MattR

Quote from: Mileto on September 02, 2015, 08:58:10 AM
We often come from Munich and always land on terminal 3.

I am also from Munich. What a coincident.

Mileto

We are not from Munich, MattR, but last 3 visits we got the best price via Munich. And flying like this we can be very early in the park, then the last day there are late flights.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

MattR

I see. Luckily Munich has a rather large Airport so I usually don´t have to transfer when I fly within Europe.

Mileto

Really great airport, and not complicated, with clear signs, ideally planned and built!