Halloween is approaching!! :D

Started by CaptainKennySparrow, August 29, 2015, 10:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKennySparrow

Ahoy folks!

With this year vastly progressing it wont be long until its Halloween at DLP :)

My wife and kids have never attended the halloween party before and cant wait!

I know there is a rule for posing for pictures etc but the only pictures Id be posing with would be with my friends who are going and family....surely security wouldnt pull me up for that?

Also.....can anybody recommend a good time to arrive there and if you are attending, what are you dressing as :)
Take what you can....give nothing back.

mickey1980

As long as you don't bring a selfie-stick you will be fine posing with friends and family  ;D
Have fun!
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

arvidbux

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on August 29, 2015, 10:49:19 AM
Also.....can anybody recommend a good time to arrive there and if you are attending, what are you dressing as :)

Going to be there mid-October. Not sure yet on the exact days PLUS we still need to settle on what we would like to wear :o)

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: arvidbux on August 29, 2015, 02:32:07 PM
Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on August 29, 2015, 10:49:19 AM

Going to be there mid-October. Not sure yet on the exact days PLUS we still need to settle on what we would like to wear :o)

Superb :) we are flying out on halloween morning and cantttttttt wait!!!

Got my outfit all ironed and pressed :) one of me mates whos going is a photographer and is desperate to take pics of people in fancy dress!

He edited this pic of me :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

littlebitofpixiedust

Have a fantastic time! We've never done the party but love Halloween season and too are going soon   :D

Karen101

We were there last Halloween and i have to say it was fantastic :) If you are a good look a like then be prepared to be stopped quite a lot by CM and by security staff who often politely remind you not to pose for pictures, this happened to a couple of people i was with, but it was all done nicely and there was never any trouble :)

as for time ... well it all depends on your kids ages and what you want to see and do.  My DD is just six so we went into the park early it was about 8pm and saw some of the minnie mouse and pirate shows :)

the atmosphere is wonderful you will have such fun!

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Karen101 on September 04, 2015, 11:59:06 AM
We were there last Halloween and i have to say it was fantastic :) If you are a good look a like then be prepared to be stopped quite a lot by CM and by security staff who often politely remind you not to pose for pictures, this happened to a couple of people i was with, but it was all done nicely and there was never any trouble :)

as for time ... well it all depends on your kids ages and what you want to see and do.  My DD is just six so we went into the park early it was about 8pm and saw some of the minnie mouse and pirate shows :)

the atmosphere is wonderful you will have such fun!

Ohhhh how often were your friends stopped?? I'm getting a badge made saying I don't work here haha I think if I was constantly being told after adhering to the rules I wouldn't be too happy tbh haha! Can't wait thought and want a pic with the french Jack :)

MichaelTanzer91

Let's all hope Terrorific Night will return as an bilingual event this time.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: MichaelTanzer91 on September 05, 2015, 03:04:47 AM
Let's all hope Terrorific Night will return as an bilingual event this time.

Terrorific Night is not returning, and will not return again.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mrleebob

Does anybody know if Frontierland will become Hallowe'en Land again this year?

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: mrleebob on September 06, 2015, 09:17:51 AM

A friend of mine who works at disney think it will!

Cheshire_Cat01

I am so excited for Halloween. I am working on our costumes today. Hope I can finish everything in time  :D

mrleebob

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on September 06, 2015, 10:00:01 AM

A friend of mine who works at disney think it will!

I have mixed feelings. I know that Hallowe'en Land always looks great and that Frontierland is the best suited for it, what with the theming and backstory but Frontierland is my favourite!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Not in the way that it was a few years ago.
But it will be the same as the past 2 years.
A few pumpkin decorations at the fort and in between Lucky Nugget and Thunder Mesa Mercantile.
And the The Nightmare Before Christmas photo location will be at the same spot again as last year.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Karen101

sorry for the delay just checking here after the weekend!

she was stopped about four or five times, but it was more just a polite reminder she was never told off as such and she was pretty flattered since it obviously meant she looked the part in her costume!!