Newport Bay worked out cheaper than Sequoia Lodge

Started by MissyM, August 28, 2015, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissyM

Only been back from our first visit for a month, and we are now officially booked to go back in March!  ;D ;D ;D

After lots of discussion we have decided to go for Newport Bay this time and I was surprised that a standard room there was cheaper than a standard room at Sequoia Lodge. Not by much, I admit, but I had it in mind that Newport Bay was of a slightly higher standard??? Or did I just make that up..............?

HildeKitten

Sometimes the deals are really weird and you can get a cheaper deal in a more upscale hotel :)
Back in 2006 we had a super deal on the Sequoia Lodge, half of what the Santa Fe was going for.
A couple of years ago the Disneyland Hotel had a deal on that made it cheaper than some of the other hotels.
These things are pretty rare, but they do happen and sometimes you luck out :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Your right you can get deals for upscale hotels sometimes  ;)
I was told by disneyland Paris direct its more to do with the amount of rooms they sell!? But who knows its nice to get a deal for a higher grade hotel now and again it don't happen often enough! Would be nice if the DLH was cheaper than Santa fe one time? Haha  ;D

Zee79

My brother booked up a few years ago, family of 5 (2 babies 1 child)during Feb half term & it worked out £1500 for 3n 4 day in DLH this included self drive travel costs as well. I could only dream of this price haha

MissyM

Thanks for your replies everyone. Seems like I just got lucky!  :D

When I was playing around with dates I also noticed that because of the deals on offer at the moment if I had stayed one night LESS it would have cost me about £300 MORE so it obviously pays to try out lots of combinations when booking!

arvidbux

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on August 28, 2015, 10:40:45 PM
I was told by disneyland Paris direct its more to do with the amount of rooms they sell!?
Dynamic pricing, something that all hotels use. And this can work both ways.

Dynamic pricing is also something they have been talking about for entrance prices for WDW and DLR.

Zee79

Quote from: MissyM on August 29, 2015, 11:46:05 AM
Thanks for your replies everyone. Seems like I just got lucky!  :D

I noticed this when I booked our trip. 3n 4d was a lot more expensive than 4n 5d even without half board meals. It didn't really work out though when I tried even longer haha

When I was playing around with dates I also noticed that because of the deals on offer at the moment if I had stayed one night LESS it would have cost me about £300 MORE so it obviously pays to try out lots of combinations when booking!

MissyM

Zee79, you had exactly the same idea as me! I tried looking at an even longer stay too but that wasn't to be!!! ;)