Going in 11 sleeps - Eek! A few last minute questions

Started by polar vixen, August 26, 2015, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

So, we're almost there, just 11 more sleeps to go!  So I have a few last minute questions, we'll be driving and travelling on the ferry from Dover to Calais, things have quietened down in the news should we expect any trouble or should it be ok now? 
We arrive on the last day of the rock n roll fest - anyone been to this before?  It says live bands, do you know where abouts they'll be?
Characters!  We love meeting characters, but seem to keep missing them.  (unscheduled ones I mean)  No problem finding the ones on the programme, but now especially stars n cars is gone, has anyone seen roaming characters lately?  last time we saw hook, peter pan, belle, red queen in the park, (saw them passing didn't actually get to see them) When and where have you seen them recently? 
How far in advance do you think it's necessary to get to the Frozen show?  Anyone got any thoughts on it other than the seating arrangements?  I've not seen much about it in any of the trip reports posted.
Thank you!!!

polar vixen

OOh, and does anyone know where the link went for the opening times of the restaurants?  We've got our buffets/table service booked but always seem to miss cowboy cookout so I need to know tiems for counter service please!

HildeKitten

first of all, make sure to check this post

As for the ferry etc, I think you'll have to keep an eye on the news, and check online news sites. I'm sure they'll have up to date info. The ferry website should too I imagine, so it's best to just keep an eye on those.

There should be a Disney Village program in either your hotel or in City Hall in the Disneyland Park. You'll be able to find all info about the Rock and Roll fest in that :)
Alternatively, do a google search for it, maybe the info is online already, but if it isn't, that's where you should be able to find it :)

For characters, check the program closer to the date you're going, there will be meet and greet opportunity listed on there.
Also, check this site as it has a lot of character hunting research on it.

SVioletS

Hi Polar Vixen,

I guess we will be there at the same time! ;) We arrive on the 7th!
We will stay at the Newport Bay, how about you?

I've made our ADR's, but not too happy about them... Anyway I guess we will have a great time despite our ADR's!

Here's the link to the restaurant opening hours (if it doesn't work try copy/paste)
http://www.pixiedust.be/info/restoopeningsurensept15.html

:)
Have fun!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

polar vixen

Thanks you 2!  I have already been quite a few times Hildekitten, but the info I wanted was updated stuff, which only people who'd been within the last few weeks would know.  I have googled the rock n roll fest but very little comes up. As a parent of 2 kids with asd I need to know as much as possible before we arrive which is why I asked on here rather than waiting till we got there.  I'll have a look at your last link though, thanks for that, and that was just the one I needed for dining times, thank yoU!

SVioletS

I couldn't find much info on the Rock and Roll Fest either,  which is a shame... my eldest DD is a 50's fan and will love it, so I would like to have some more info on it before our arrival! This is the kind of thing they should advertise!!!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

arvidbux

Quote from: polar vixen on August 26, 2015, 09:28:44 PM
We arrive on the last day of the rock n roll fest - anyone been to this before?  It says live bands, do you know where abouts they'll be?
We experienced it in 2013 and all of it happens in the Disney Village. In 2013 they had some old classic cars in the Village area, one outdoor stage and some performances in some of the bars in the Village. It was not a lot but could keep you entertained. It was still on after the park closed, so we had some entertainment while we walked back to the hotel.

But yeah, DLP could list a bit more information on their website;
- http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/rock-n-roll-festival/
This is just pathetic.

polar vixen

Thanks arvidux, I really needed to know how much of a scal it was on, and I'm glad it's on till late.  I just got my daughter a hell bunny dress off ebay, and made a 1950's style one for myself, now just to have some fun with hairdtyles!  Can't wait

arvidbux

Quote from: polar vixen on August 26, 2015, 10:27:39 PM
Thanks arvidux, I really needed to know how much of a scal it was on, and I'm glad it's on till late.  I just got my daughter a hell bunny dress off ebay, and made a 1950's style one for myself, now just to have some fun with hairdtyles!  Can't wait

Hope it is the same or even better compared to 2013. Funny thing is that before today I never knew that my wife and I are going to see it again this year. We are arriving on Sept 4th, leaving on Sept 7th.

polar vixen

Ooh you'll get the whole thing then as it runs 5-7 , hope we all enjoy! Were staying at Davy Crockett ranch, already got clothesvall packed. Just gotta get kids special dietary stuff n were sorted. We have a countdown calendar, kids take a turn each day to open the door, and they all get a little Disney present for their car bag. Today's was a tsum tsum, tomorrow a pencil, think I've enjoyed the planning more than them!

abismummy

Hiya. We go in to all shows at the last minute. We did the same with Frozen and could see well. You say your children have asd - you may already know you can get a fast pass for all of your group. This will mean no queuing at shows or rides. Have a fantastic time.

arvidbux

Quote from: polar vixen on August 26, 2015, 11:38:46 PM
Ooh you'll get the whole thing then as it runs 5-7 , hope we all enjoy! Were staying at Davy Crockett ranch, already got clothesvall packed. Just gotta get kids special dietary stuff n were sorted. We have a countdown calendar, kids take a turn each day to open the door, and they all get a little Disney present for their car bag. Today's was a tsum tsum, tomorrow a pencil, think I've enjoyed the planning more than them!
great stuff :) Love how you keep your kids busy leading up to their Disney Experience!

arvidbux

More info about the Rock 'n Roll festival can be found here;
- https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/638411869234069508

The relevant piece is uploaded here as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

grovesie

For your character meets, EMH was great for meeting characters. When We went we did 1 days starting with meet and greets then on to the rides and the next just the rides.

Another great time is Descent of the stairs( if its still running) Its held in the DLH Thursday through to Sunday ( or it was) maybe someone could confirm or just pop into the hotel reception

Slimy yet satisfying

As most of the strike action at Calais is a result of the takeover of Myferrylink the best uptodate info can be found on the twitter feed of the dfds website. Many ferries were reouted this summer to Dunkirk. If you are not sailing with Dfds you have a better chance of your ferry plans staying the same. We had to cancel this July due to illness and considering the chaos with migrants, eurostar and ferry strikes that month Dfds were great and gave us a full refund agreeing that the added disruption would not be great for someone recovering from an appendix op.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.