Previous topic - Next topic

I would like to say Hi to everyone

How Nice Are People On Here?.....
5 (100%)
Hope There`s No Moaners On Here
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

DisneyDad63

Hi Guys.......After a long long wait I`ve decided to come on here and see what`s going on in the world of D.L.P my daughter is a massive fan and is on here and she pushed and pushed for me to have ago, so have ago I am, I have a lot to add but will wait for kind reactions from all you nice folk out there......But....I have made one comment to an article a lady has put on here which was a little confusing from all her remarks to D.L.P, I and my family have been going for 14yrs and we love it.....yes you get ques, you get ques no matter what theme park you go to, but this lady who has slated D.L.P doesn`t seem to realise D.L.P is World Wide there people coming from all corners of the planet, but English Theme Parks are some what different.....Anyway, I`ll leave things as they are and when I get back from D.L.P in October I`ll give you guys a run down....Be Happy Everyone and Remember.....Always Smile  ;D
Young At Heart Dad Full Of Beans When At Disney "I Just Love Being A Kid Again" When Visiting D.L.P....

bad-pink-tink

Hi DisneyDad63

I have read your first post and know which thread you are talking about. I would pay that no mind. On the whole I have found that Magic Forum is one of the more pleasant and friendly Disney forums. Its not as active as it once was but many people here are regular park visitors and have a wealth of knowledge of both DLP and the other Disney parks.

There are 2 types of people who come here. The regular park visitors and the first time park visitors. I am a member of another Disney forum and I have found the first time park visitors on both forums are very similar. Many first time visitors go to the park with unrealistic expectations and are underplanned. They compare Disney to other themeparks they have visit, not realising the Disney is very different, from the total overall immersion experience, to the crowds, the prices etc.

Also many people ASSUME Disney of for children, its not, its for children of all ages. Many first time visitors just go because its something for their young children. They don't realise that all types of people , not just families go to Disney. I am a female in my late 30s without children and I go to Disney on my own! Those with young children have one type of Disney experience, adults, whether on their own like me or in couples with no children, or groups of friends (hen parties, birthday celebrations, weddings, honeymoons etc etc) have a very different Disney experience.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Disneylove

I wouldn't say it was a pleasant forum, Ive seen some very rude posts lately. But I think that comes with all forums, there's always someone waiting to have a go at someone.

Welcome along anyways, I hope you enjoy :)

DisneyDad63

Thank you for welcoming me Bad-Pink-Tink & Disneylove, so far two nice people I can relate too, but I have one question since I`m new to all this.....This is the Worldwide section but is there one just for Disneyland Paris or is this just all linked to All Disney Around The World....??

Kind Regards

DisneyDad63
Young At Heart Dad Full Of Beans When At Disney "I Just Love Being A Kid Again" When Visiting D.L.P....

DisneyRon

Welcome on board. ;D

And yes, there is a dedicated Disneyland Paris section. ;)
https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?action=forum#c2

lovindisney87

Welcome to the forum, there are great people on here who are very helpful. 😁🙋
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

twentythingamabobs

Welcome Disneydad63! I would have been lost without this forum on our first visit and I still visit this forum near daily 5 years later so it must be sort of special  :D

michaelj1973

Welcome disney dad.  I myself find this a good forum where I can place questions and get answers. Questions I know  I'll answer and if someone I think is rude I ignore him/her. Sometimes people say things you have to remember they say it one way but mean another way.
An example :
Two people are in a car waiting for a traffic light.
Then the one who isn't driving says it's green.
Then the one who drives can take that message as information or as an insult .
The same can be on a forum. You miss on a forum the voice intonation, the facial  expression and other things.
Also some people aren't native English speakers. So I take a lot with a pinch of salt.
I hope others are also.
So I wish you fun reading and maybe reacting or giving information.

"There aren't stupid question, just stupid answers "  ;D

DisneyDad63

Well all I can say is thank you all so so much for your kind words and advice as like most of you all fabulous Disney fans this is a new experience for me even though I've been to D.L.P for all these years and really have nice and wonderful memories I'd like to express and hope people new comers like me I can help with what I know is going on In DisneyLand Paris but I'll take o e step at a time on this forum as myself I'd like feed back on what's going on at DLP.....

Regards DD63

Jo68

Hi and welcome
I'm new to the forum too and have found lots of helpful advice from some lovely people who are more than happy to make a first timer have a great Disney experience.
Only a couple more weeks until we go and still haven't sorted out my park tickets aargh why am I so indecisive???!!! Just want to have the best deal for us but worried about buying from some sites, so any advice always appreciated!

Mileto

Welcome to the magic, DisneyDad63!

Exited about your first visit. How long will you stay, which hotel did you choose?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mickeyspal

Hi DisneyDad63
Welcome to the forum :D
There are lots of friendly people on this forum willing to share their knowledge.
I'm not on the forum as often now, but I occasionally look in just for a pick me up.
Enjoy your trip in October.
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel